• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe suite will only print black and white

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I print from acrobat or indesign it will only print black and white. I didn't change any settings and I've searched and searched through the print settings on both acrobat and indesign.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

We figured out it was a printer driver! So they reinstalled it and now it works great. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it is happening in both programs it is probably a matter of the printers settings rather than the individual program's output settings. Go into Indesign's Print dialog window and click on the Printer button at the lower left of the window. This will bring up the dialog window which pertains to your specific printer. Look there for something like what I've highlighted in the screen shot below:

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 8.29.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that - I've tried this and all the print settings are set for colour. I also had the tech guys of our company come and check all the settings before posting here as a last resort.

I thought it could be an output issue but yes as you said I don't think so because when I print straight from indesign or adobe it is the same.

When I use preview or another pdf viewer though it will print colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can you confirm the printer name, version of your OS and Software.

A screenshot of your print window would help us give you the best feedback possible.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Here are several screen shots. Mac OC El Capitan.

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 3.07.02 PM.png

The strange thing is that all adobe programs print black and white, but preview doesn't. Preview flattens/prints pdf's strange (weird lines etc) and doesn't represent the colours well, otherwise I would just use it.

This screen shot is from InDesign:

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 3.04.45 PM.png

These are from Acrobat:

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 3.05.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 3.05.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-26 at 3.06.15 PM.png

I have also uninstalled Acrobat and reinstalled it. I have had the IT guys at my company check all the print settings.

It just stopped working, I don't remember changing any settings so it's very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had a similar challenge with a network printer like yours.

Can you check:

1. from MS Word, can you print in colour?
  2. with your IT manager if your account on the network has a restriction to B/W. Since this printer is a Print server/manager on the network, your account (and others in the company) might be restricted
  3. if you can attach your laptop (easier to move than workstation) with a USB cable, to test printing directly. If you get colour, it might mean the B/W happens as you go through the network > back to point 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Yes, it prints colour from MS Word.

I will ask my IT manager but as far as I know I'm the only one with this problem.

I use a large iMac so I will try and find a cord that reaches and try this.

Thanks! Will let you know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We figured out it was a printer driver! So they reinstalled it and now it works great. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines