• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I export my audio with Bit Rate 320kpbs?

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm trying to export a music video for someone and I've been given specific tech specs for the export:

AUDIO

Format: AAC

Channels: Stereo

Sample Rate: 44.100 KHZ

Bit Rate: 320 kbps CBR

VIDEO

Compression Type: ProRes

File Format: .mov

Dimensions: 1920×1080

Frame Rate: Native (No less than 23.98 FPS)

Bit Rate: Unrestricted

Everything is exporting all good apart from the audio bit rate. I can't find any options throughout the export process to adjust this part. Does anyone know how I can ensure the audio is exported with bit rate of 320kbps whilst still keeping the other tech specs the same?

Thanks!

[title edited by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to the Export window (File > Export media), you should see a tab for video settings and one for audio, as in the screenshot below. In there, you can adjust the various settings including Sample rate and Bitrate.
exportPrem.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to get that option when I export...

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 5.29.18 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 5.29.28 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have other options under Audio Codec like AAC? I actually can't see the Uncompressed option in your screenshot. I am suspecting that Uncompressed has fixed Bitrate settings which is why you can't see it as an option. Try changing the Audio codec to see what other options show for different codec selections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I've tried that and I still don't get the option. The only time i get the option to change the bit rate is when I change the export format to h264, but I'm needing to export the video as mov.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just checked with exporting to Quicktime and what the audio settings are available.
Audio codec - uncompressed - no bitrate setting

Audio codec - AAC - does show Bitrate Settings under Audio Channel Configuration. Can you scroll down further in the panel as shown in your screen shot and confirm that this is not there. From your screenshot, it does appear the panel can be scrolled down further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still can't find any options...

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 12.37.49 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What video codec have you set? I was experimenting and changing the video codec can impact the audio settings available.

In video settings, try change the Video codec to H.264. Then go back to audio settings and see what shows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, so when the video codec is H.264, I can change the bit rate. However, they need to have the video codec as ProRes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am on Windows which does not have the ProRes codec installed. So can't test. But, the answer seems that this video codec is locking the audio settings to some degree.

Have you tried exporting part of with ProRes and as best audio settings as you can achieve without choosing bitrate? You could supply the person you're doing this for the file to check if the audio is suitable. You may be getting a high bitrate locked in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your 'someone' is unnecessarily compromising the audio quality here.  Find out if Uncompressed audio will work for his needs.  (Certainly if he wants ProRes, file size is not the issue.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines