• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making my A4 document from A4 to A6 with content fitted to A6

Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I have a problem, though it is fixable in a more manual way; is there a way for me to take a A4 size page containing 4 images of A6 size, and split it into 4 pages of A6 size, so each image take ONE page? I'm dealing with a 200 pages document, which needs this vary basic structure, but the tast would take me hours else.

Just to be clear:

Each page contains 4 images, which needs to be on its own page.

I need to split one of the original A4 pages into 4, so each new page contains 1 of the said content.

The content is not resiable due to quality loss.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

What software do you have at your disposal?

Will your final document contain 800 A6 pages?

With Acrobat Pro DC you could crop your pages to size. To crop and get all pages you would need to quadruplicate pages and crop so that each bunch of 200 pages contains a quarter of the original page. This is a 5 to 10 minutes work. Disadvantage would be that you would have pages grouped (200 upper left, 200 upper right, ...).

Second possibility is to create an Indesign document and load all 200 pages in. You

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software do you have at your disposal?

Will your final document contain 800 A6 pages?

With Acrobat Pro DC you could crop your pages to size. To crop and get all pages you would need to quadruplicate pages and crop so that each bunch of 200 pages contains a quarter of the original page. This is a 5 to 10 minutes work. Disadvantage would be that you would have pages grouped (200 upper left, 200 upper right, ...).

Second possibility is to create an Indesign document and load all 200 pages in. You could then export to PDF again and if intelligently made, you would have a document with 800 pages in a correct order.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, each of the 4 parts of the original A4 page is unique. So every quarter page needs to be on it's own new page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the case! If you follow my instructions you virtually cut each A4 page in 4 A6 pages...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines