Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

how to query date join is last month?

Level 2

Hi,

I am building a campaign to target new customer who joined last month then send them a welcome email.

thinking will be using

1. Scheduler: automate the workflow to run monthly
  2. Query : query all new customers who has joined last month (for example if run the Workflow this month; it will pull out all new customers who joined last month August)
  3. email delivery: to send email

My question are:

• in this scenario we should use normal query or incremental query activity?
  • normal email delivery or recurring delivery?
  • say for example there is a field called date join in the table. how to query people who has date join is last month ?

Thanks and regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

find my answers inline:

• In this scenario, we should use standard query or incremental query activity? Incremental Query
  • normal email delivery or recurring delivery? Neither, Go with Continous delivery
  • say for example there is a field called date join in the table. How to query people who have date join is last month?

With an Incremental Query, if you schedule it to run monthly with history saved permanently, you shouldn't need any query but it's not ideal, it may cause problems with migration and upgrade so use below query:

1306598_pastedImage_3.png

Just replace creation date with Joining date.

Targeting activities

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

find my answers inline:

• In this scenario, we should use standard query or incremental query activity? Incremental Query
  • normal email delivery or recurring delivery? Neither, Go with Continous delivery
  • say for example there is a field called date join in the table. How to query people who have date join is last month?

With an Incremental Query, if you schedule it to run monthly with history saved permanently, you shouldn't need any query but it's not ideal, it may cause problems with migration and upgrade so use below query:

1306598_pastedImage_3.png

Just replace creation date with Joining date.

Targeting activities