• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button states - disabling rollover state after visited?

Participant ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched the forums and internet and can't seem to find this being discussed. Hopefully someone can give me a definitive answer.

I have nine buttons on my screen that show content when clicked. After each button is clicked, the visited state has a checkmark on it so that the student knows that they have viewed that content.

Once clicked however, the rollover state still works and the checkmark disappears when the student hovers over the button. I know I can remove the rollover state, but is there a way to use advanced actions to disable the rollover effect after each button has been clicked?

I know I can also have the check as a separate graphic and not part of a button state, but was hoping to use this feature.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

I have been trying to explain this already several times, but I know that the Search is not working well in the forums.

The InBuilt states (Normal, Rollover, Down, Visited for CP2017, not for CP9) cannot be controlled: they will appear in the situation they are designed for. Changing a state by a shared/advanced/simple action is only possible for custom states.

Which version do you use, please, that is always relevant informatio?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to explain this already several times, but I know that the Search is not working well in the forums.

The InBuilt states (Normal, Rollover, Down, Visited for CP2017, not for CP9) cannot be controlled: they will appear in the situation they are designed for. Changing a state by a shared/advanced/simple action is only possible for custom states.

Which version do you use, please, that is always relevant informatio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - I have Captivate 2017.

Thank you, Lilibiri.  Ok, so I can't control an Inbuilt state.  Are you saying that a custom rollover state could be created and controlled?

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the forums used to be easier to navigate, with areas devoted to beginner, advanced, etc. I hate how you can only see the last few questions asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not out of the box because Rollover is not an event that could trigger an advanced action. It can be done with JavaScript or by using the CpExtra widget (InfoSemantics) for HTML5 oytput only.

Did you try the Visited state, since you are in CP2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I am using the visited state, which is nice in that I don't have to code it. I think I will just remove the rollover state for this particular page.

I won't be able to use the widget since this course will be exported in both HTML5 and SWF. Many of our students are using older computers with browsers that don't support HTM5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful because the publshing at the same time to SWF and HTML5 causes some problems. The output could be different as well. Are your students aware of the fact that EOL Flash player has been announced for 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware. We will mostly support HTML5, but have the swf's available for those customers that still have older computers and don't update their browsers. I'm actually amazed at how many of our customers are using computers 10+ years old and even still use Windows 95.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to do this by creating an advanced action that first performed the button action (in this case jump to another slide), then disabled the button as a second action.

I assume that since it was no longer functioning as a button, the rollover no longer functioned either. The only downside is that the user can't revisit that slide by clicking the button again.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources