• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternate DPX Importer

Participant ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a type of DPX file which contains Academy Printing Density.  The 16-bit version of this type of DPX file has a maximum value of 65,535 and it is intended to contain "super-whites" well in excess of 1.0.  I am trying to figure out how to write an importer which will produce a 32-bit floating point HDR image in After Effects when it imports one of these files.  Is there a place in the importer function calls where I can generate floating point pixels from the 16-bit pixels in the file?  If not is there any other way I can import these files properly?  Or should I just write an effect plug-in that can convert a 16-bit image that the user knows to contain ADX values into a proper floating point image.  (I am beginning to suspect this is the only viable path.)

Thanks.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have decided that the most promising way to approach this issue is with an effects plug-in to convert floating point pixel values after the DPX file has been imported.  I am also adding conversions to and from Academy Printing Density and Academy Color Encoding Specification values.

If anyone else on this forum has any interest in using After Effect in a workflow for working with scanned film images or ACES data from digital cameras, I'd love to hear from you and brainstorm about the overall workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines