• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing a custom effect on a Mac

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased an custom effect that is in a .txt (text) format and the instructions included in the download apply only to Windows OS; the file required to enter the text into does not exist on my OS. I am unsure how to install this text file as a custom effect.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

If it's a script or an expression, that would be cross platform.  Add-Ons should also be cross platform.  If it's a 3rd party effect (like Trapcode Shine), you would need the Mac installer.

Of course, I'm just stating the obvious here.

It stands to reason that the maker of the effect would be the one who could provide the best support. Have you reached out to them?

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever you do don't tell us what the instructions say or what OS you're using.  That information wouldn't be of any help at all.   DOn't believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it's a script or an expression, that would be cross platform.  Add-Ons should also be cross platform.  If it's a 3rd party effect (like Trapcode Shine), you would need the Mac installer.

Of course, I'm just stating the obvious here.

It stands to reason that the maker of the effect would be the one who could provide the best support. Have you reached out to them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines