10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2018 7:14 AM by Peru Bob Branched to a new discussion.

Ridiculous Cancelation Policy/Charges

glennt15348720

Adobe is often a company I associate with strangely complex products (even if the task is simple and high level), even stranger help systems (convoluted often found from a search engine and not within Adobe itself). Product introductions that come and go without ever reaching production status.

Now I have a new Adobe association, strange even absurd or illegal product subscription charges. I canceled the use of a product and the charge was $118.49 Canadian, this is the cost of many products ! Surely this type of practice is illegal.

• 1. Re: Ridiculous Cancelation Policy/Charges
          KanikaS Adobe Employee

Hi Glenn,

I understand it's painful for you to pay the cancellation charges, however, when a subscription is purchased there are certain terms and conditions that you agreed to. Please have a look below for clarification: Legal subscription terms | Adobe

You may also Contact Customer Care for more information.

Feel free to follow up for any other questions.

Thanks

Kanika

• 2. Re: Ridiculous Cancelation Policy/Charges
            naelascholles

Hi, Kanika!

I'm leaving USA because my J1 VISA ends in January and I will not have an Income to pay the monthly price till further notice. So I have two questions.

1. Why Am I being charged 49.99 (plus taxes) when I signed up for the Student plan last year.
            2. How can I leave the plan without being charged those ridiculous fees?

Thank you!

• 3. Re: Ridiculous Cancelation Policy/Charges
              KanikaS Adobe Employee

Hi Naela,

I see you have an Adobe account under the same ID as with forums. The subscription under this ID has already been canceled & all your questions were taken care by our Adobecare team.

Feel free to respond back if there is anything else you would like to know.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks

Kanika

• 4. Re: Ridiculous Cancelation Policy/Charges
                nateb68382582

Hello,

I am fully aware that had i read the fine print, I could have figured out that I would be charged a bunch of money for cancelling my subscription...not the point. In fact I did read the fine print, I meant to cancel within the 14 day window, but forgot. I  had to edit one single picture for a publication as I am a researcher in the natural sciences and don't use design software often. The cancellation fee is just a terrible business practice because it pisses off people who were loyal customers in the past (such as myself with Acrobat Pro) or who might be in the future. I will now tell everyone I know NOT to use Adobe Creative Cloud. I will ALWAYS look for an alternative when doing any design work, and make sure my network of colleagues and students knows the way Adobe operates.

Thank you,

Nate

• 5. Re: Ridiculous Cancelation Policy/Charges
                  KanikaS Adobe Employee

Hi Nate,

Sorry for a late response.

I see you have an Adobe account under the same ID as with forums. The subscription under this ID has been canceled.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

We hope you had a good experience working with Adobe!

Thanks

Kanika

• 6. Re: Ridiculous Cancelation Policy/Charges
                    spiders42

I'm having the same problem. I want to cancel my membership, but I'm afraid of the fees that may be charged to my card. Not to mention I can't get a hold of anyone, by phone or by chat

I'm not usually one to complain, I get that people are busy, but I've literally tried getting in contact with support multiple times and every time I wait for like an hour and never receive any help.

• 7. Re: Ridiculous Cancelation Policy/Charges
                      pierces10973071

having the same problem I need to cancel because im completely unable to use mine, I was never told about the cancellation fee whatsoever and do not have the money to cover it at all

I dont have the time at all to wait two hours on phone to talk to support about how to cancel my subscription that is now charging me if I cancel for a full year which i did not select in my plan at all I'm furious and want to know why its been changed from an annual monthly paid subscription to a full year when i had only paid for two months prior to this.

• 8. Re: Ridiculous Cancelation Policy/Charges
                        Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

pierces10973071  wrote

annual monthly paid subscription to a full year when i had only paid for two months prior

Annual monthly means a one year subscription commitment paid monthly.  If you read the agreement, you will find why there is a cancellation fee. It is less expensive than the Monthly Plan.

The Monthly plan allows you to cancel any time.

• 9. Re: Ridiculous Cancelation Policy/Charges
                          pierces10973071 Level 1

I had assumed i would only have to pay for just the months i selected in my plan which was my mistake

is there any way to cancel out of it without having to pay for the rest of the year or am i stuck with this?

any help on this would be greatly appreciated

• 10. Re: Ridiculous Cancelation Policy/Charges
                            Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can contact Adobe and see if they will do anything for you:

contact-bumper