3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2008 9:36 AM by Shandy Elliott

Full Screen switch

shoutzager Level 1
      Has anyone checked out the IKEA site lately. If you click on the matrix of photographs, the photograph will switch to full screen with some controls at the bottom. It is awesome. Does anyone know if this is a product or pluggin to Flash. It is using Flash technology. Here it is:
      http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room

SHoutzager
        • 1. Re: Full Screen switch
          Shandy Elliott Level 1
          I clicked on the images (the ones that alpha fade in when you mouse over), but nothing loads. When I click on "explore all living rooms now", my cpu shot to 100% as it went full screen - poor coding.

You can read more about it here http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/full_screen_mode.html

I think it's interesting, but not so practical as I think many people don't like the slight loss of control this type of full screen allows.
          • 2. Re: Full Screen switch
            Level 7
            Shan-Dysigns wrote:
            > I clicked on the images (the ones that alpha fade in when you mouse over), but
            > nothing loads. When I click on "explore all living rooms now", my cpu shot to
            > 100% as it went full screen - poor coding.

LOL, this is really funny, poor coding :)
            I think you meant to say poor CPU :)
            It's lightning smooth in here, on Mac OsX and windows XP. Even my tiny laptops,
            Sony and MacAir, wihch rather limited resources, runs this site very smothly

> You can read more about it here
            > http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/full_screen_mode.html
            >
            > I think it's interesting, but not so practical as I think many people don't
            > like the slight loss of control this type of full screen allows.

The full screen is very easy to escape using ESC key as the default message says
            upon opening, and it has nothing to do with browser so there is no interference, as it is
            purely player feature. Hardly can see how the "loss of control" apply in here. Just like
            previous FSCOMMAND fullscreen for standalone, now simply available in browser.
            Perhaps you should check out some of the latest international corporate sites,
            including Mercedes Benz, all running fullscreen options on their Micro site. Best way
            to experience, high quality image and video.

--
            Best Regards

Urami

--
            "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
            If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
            </urami>
            • 3. Re: Full Screen switch
              Shandy Elliott Level 1
              bitchy comment #3 from you - I still don't know why you get off on following my posts or even your idle attempts to put me down. I have every right for my opinion on full screen. When I said "but not so practical as I think many people don't like the slight loss of control this type of full screen allows.", it comes from talking to a LOT of people and reading a LOT of posts how people have commented on not liking full screen and how they feel a little loss of control on their computer. I don't just make s--t up. My "poor coding" comment could be just that - poor coding. The fact is, we will never know about the coding of that website, so therefore, it's a plausible opinion. Whether it has anything to do with coding or not, your comments to me are just getting ridiculous. Just because my cpu jumps to 100% doesn't give you the right to (once again) mindlessly try to put me down by pointing fingers at my cpu. There are other factors that could cause that website to make my cpu peg. But who the hell are you to put someone down for their opinion when it has absolutely NO impact on the issue at hand? You are just a ****, and I don't care if I'm banned from this forum for saying it.