Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot find network path, 2017

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I get the "There was an error opening this document, the network path can not be found" when i try to open a .pdf on a file share.

I have tried the latest version of adobe reader and also the 2nd latest but its the same error.

Word and any other documents works fine.

Ive tried different network paths with different PDF files but same with every pdf.

Ive tried to repair Adobe, re-install it.

It works fine to move the .pdf to the local hard drive and open it there.

I have not tried to turn the "secure mode" off.

I have checked your forums as with others and most of the replies indicate that it should be a specific version that's creates the error, is there anyone who has a solution on this?

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Rasmusl,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you are not able to open the PDF file as the network path cannot be found, Is that correct?

Please refer and try the troubleshooting steps from the following links which discuss the similar issue

Cannot open files on the network server.  Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1325352

Adobe Reader 11.0.9 will not open PDF's from network shares  Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1578551

For testing purpose, disable the Protected mode from Preferences, and check.

Note: Make sure you enable the Protected mode back as Protected Mode keeps your system safe from external vulnerabilities and exploits. One should always keep it enabled.

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines