• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

proxys, relinking and merged clips

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand there is not proxy option for merged clips.

1. However is there a solution to exchange the merged clips in a timeline with the original footage, so I can create proxies?

2. If not (which I guess) - I figured out a timewasting workaround, creating edls from the merged-clip-timelines, then exporting the sequence as single project, import the sequence to the all-footage-containing-project (option import double media unchecked!). And here happens the awkward thing. Premiere imports the sequence but also adds all included clips and extra-audiofiles. Which are then double in the whole project. How can I import the sequence without having to import additional (doubled) footage, for the footage is already imported in the project? Plus, when I relink the offline files with the exact same footage already imported it imports blank audio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use the following to create new files with the proper audio.

https://blog.frame.io/2017/05/15/sync-clips-in-davinci-resolve/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering. Does your reply mean I should start from scratch syncing the whole footage in resolve? From what I know there is no way to export multichanel audio attached to redraw in resolve...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the multichannel audio in one file?  Does it match the camera audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's one file with the same timecode as picture and the scratch-sound from the camera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ooh, matched timecode is even better.

Yes, start over.  You can use the Resolve process outlined earlier to create new media files with the proper audio and video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines