Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lines Missing When Vector pdf Opened

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there.

I am trying to open a vector diagram created with a different software within my company.  (I'm not sure what software it was made with but I can find out.)

When I open the pdf with the vector diagram, half the lines are invisible. A select all shows that they exist, and are selectable.

I try to change the color of the outline and also fill but it only effects the lines that were visible in the first place. 

Is there anything that can be done? Could it possibly be a security feature from the other software?

Thank you for your advice!

Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Selecting the entire drawing and making it into a compound path also solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible for you to post a sample illustrator file with this anomaly? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that opening the file itself and selecting "open with Illustrator" opens the file fine.

Opening the file through illustrator reveals the issue described above.

I'll be using the Open With method, but it is pretty obnoxious.

PrepressPro1​  I would rather not share the doc, it's a plan drawing of one of our products.  Thank you for your willingness to help though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Selecting the entire drawing and making it into a compound path also solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines