• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FormatNames supported by the IExportProvider

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does someone have the list (or could tell me where to find it) of all the supported formats of the IExportProvider?

I only found the InCopyMarkup and InCopyInterchange but I need the InDesign Markup Language.

I also try

PMString icDocumentFormatName("InDesign Markup (IDML)");

PMString icDocumentFormatName3("InDesignMarkup");

PMString icDocumentFormatName4("InDesignMarkup (IDML)");

PMString icDocumentFormatName5("InDesignMarkupLanguage");

PMString icDocumentFormatName6("InDesign Markup Language");

PMString icDocumentFormatName7("IDML");

PMString icDocumentFileExtension (f.GetExtensionForFormatName(icDocumentFormatName));

PMString icDocumentFileExtension3 (f.GetExtensionForFormatName(icDocumentFormatName3));

PMString icDocumentFileExtension4 (f.GetExtensionForFormatName(icDocumentFormatName4));

PMString icDocumentFileExtension5 (f.GetExtensionForFormatName(icDocumentFormatName5));

PMString icDocumentFileExtension6 (f.GetExtensionForFormatName(icDocumentFormatName6));

PMString icDocumentFileExtension7 (f.GetExtensionForFormatName(icDocumentFormatName7));

but all return an empty string.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

With more investigation I found What I had wrong

this is the solution that Implemented for this (SDK for CS5 and CS55 because CS6 can be solved with Manan answer):

IDocument* frontDoc = Utils<ILayoutUIUtils>()->GetFrontDocument();

PMString formatName("InDesignMarkup");

InterfacePtr<IK2ServiceRegistry> iK2ServiceRegistry(GetExecutionContextSession(),UseDefaultIID());

if(!iK2ServiceRegistry)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using formatName("InDesignMarkup"), it works fine to export idml file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have other question related to the IExportProvider.

When I use the kSuppressUI in the function ExportToFile from IExportProvider the file is not save in the specified path.

I don't want to use the kFullUI option because is an automated process that need to export the file to idml (the kFullUI launch a pop up that request to save the file).

What did you do after the ExportToFile?  Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using kSuppressUI in IExportProvider::ExportToFile, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at Re: IDocFileHandler SaveACopy as idml i have given an working example that works fine with the suppressed UI. Without looking at your code or more information as to what of you mean by not saving at the specified path, its difficult to provide hints that may solve your issue.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With more investigation I found What I had wrong

this is the solution that Implemented for this (SDK for CS5 and CS55 because CS6 can be solved with Manan answer):

IDocument* frontDoc = Utils<ILayoutUIUtils>()->GetFrontDocument();

PMString formatName("InDesignMarkup");

InterfacePtr<IK2ServiceRegistry> iK2ServiceRegistry(GetExecutionContextSession(),UseDefaultIID());

if(!iK2ServiceRegistry)

return;

//look for all service providers with kExportProviderService

int32 exportProviderCount = iK2ServiceRegistry->GetServiceProviderCount(kExportProviderService);

//Iterate through them

bool found = kFalse;

for (int32 exportProviderIndex = 0; exportProviderIndex < exportProviderCount; exportProviderIndex++) {

//get the service provider boss class

InterfacePtr<IK2ServiceProvider> iK2ServiceProvider(iK2ServiceRegistry ->QueryNthServiceProvider(kExportProviderService, exportProviderIndex));

//get the export provider implementation itself

InterfacePtr<IExportProvider> exportProvider (iK2ServiceProvider,IID_IEXPORTPROVIDER);

//Check to see if the current selecction specifier can be exporter by this provider

bool16 canExportByTarget = exportProvider->CanExportThisFormat(frontDoc, nil, formatName);

if (canExportByTarget) {

found=kTrue;

IDFile dest(WideString("path and name of the new file location.idml"));

exportProvider->ExportToFile(dest, frontDoc, nil, formatName, kSuppressUI);

}

if (found) {

break;

}

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry i was a bit busy so could not respond back, but the code that you wrote should work in all versions of InDesign supporting IDML export. So the basic difference vis a vis my code, is that i was using a specific export service provider class for the IDML export while your code looks for the first available service provider that can handle the format. So your code is bound to work on all versions of InDesign that has atleast one IDML export provider.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines