Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touch gestures on mobile when exported to .oam file and used in Adobe Captivate

Engaged ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been working on several projects in Adobe Animate which are all HTML5 canvas projects and have been coded using javascript. I'm using the exported .oam files to be placed in a Captivate course and everything is working fine, until I realized that the drag/slide interactions I have built-in weren't written for touch gestures (I'm not a coder/programmer, so I apologize for my incorrect terminologies which I'm sure I'll use).

I tried adding both

createjs.Touch.enable(stage);

and

createjs.Touch.enable(this.stage);

to the first frame where all my code is, but neither have worked on the iPhone 7 I am using to test (in Chrome browser). They work fine when tested in Chrome on the desktop, and even after I embed them in Captivate and publish the Captivate file they work fine on the desktop, but on the iPhone the .oam file will lose all interactivity and rearranges the size of one of movieclips?

I'm not sure if this is something I need to correct on the Animate end or the Captivate end?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Update on the original issue - to clarify if the issue was on the Captivate end or the Animate end I tested my animate movie by itself as an .html file on my iPad. This fixed the issue of not being able to drag and slide my moving objects, so I imagine the issue lies somewhere within Captivate and the publishing process from there.

However - when I tested it on my iPad there was a noticeable offset between where my finger was and the moving object - this offset does not exist when tested in the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am checking with the Animate team about where the issue lies. Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on the original issue - to clarify if the issue was on the Captivate end or the Animate end I tested my animate movie by itself as an .html file on my iPad. This fixed the issue of not being able to drag and slide my moving objects, so I imagine the issue lies somewhere within Captivate and the publishing process from there.

However - when I tested it on my iPad there was a noticeable offset between where my finger was and the moving object - this offset does not exist when tested in the same browser (Google Chrome) on my desktop.

Any ideas into why this is?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NEVERMIND - I figured out the offset issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines