If you want to run my hardware stress test using Premiere Pro, download my PPBM and run it with both your GTX 970 and the GTX 1080 Ti. You should see a major difference between those two. I am suspecting that you are not using many GPU accelerated effects and features with you benchmark. Using my benchmark you should see ~100% GPU usage when you run the MPEG2-DVD GPU Accelerated timeline.
which project/timeline is a good one to run. Maybe i can run, send you result and you can tell me if all is normal. I don't have the 970 installed any more.
In case Bill doesn't get back to you right away: Run his whole test. The results can be helpful. The only reason not to see a difference in your results is that there is something else that is not up to the task. This also allows comparisons to other systems.
Readme.txt gives you the big picture. There is a project for version 11 (PR 2017). When you open the project you'll see the instructions in the program monitor. There are only 3 timelines in that project. I think you can run just the mpeg2 timeline.
But I'd run all 3 and the script to select results.
There are 4 tests, 3 take about a minute each and one takes 5-7 minutes. So it's about a 10-12 minute process. You won't get the summation without doing all 4 tests.
Thanks guys for helping, I am awaiting the submission
I've got version 11 and that is not in the readme. I grabbed 10.3 and ran the first timeline (MPEG2-DVD test. took 12 seconds and created 99mb file. Ran the second test (Disk Test), not clear if that is what was meant to happen next, and that started on a 1.5 hour estimated encoding so cancelled. Don't have time to do the rest now.
- Source File: C:\Users\pkellner\AppData\Local\Temp\PPBM10.3-DE_1.prproj
- Output File: C:\temp\MPEG2-DVD test_1.m2v
- Preset Used: Custom
- Video: NTSC, 720x480, 23.976 fps, Progressive, Quality 75, 00:02:39:03
- Bitrate: VBR, 1 Pass, Min 2.80, Target 5.00, Max 7.00 Mbps
- The source was deinterlaced
- Encoding Time: 00:00:12
09/23/2017 08:39:38 AM : File Successfully Encoded
- Sorry but I guess I failed to update the readme file for version 11. But you should use the PPBM version that corresponds to you Premiere version.
- Do not know how you found the MPEG2-DVD file first, I just downloaded it and the first file is the Disk I/O timeline.
- You did get a great score of 12 seconds for that GPU accelerated timeline export if you look at my GPU accelerated test results page. It would be hard to beat.
- The first test is the Disk I/O timeline. I notice you have everything on your C: drive and that disk intensive export is 36 GB! Do you have enough room for that?
- If you try the test again make sure you delete the old exported files.
- From other submitted results, if you have a good setup and it is well tuned your score with that 6-core i7-5820K CPU and the CPU intensive MPEG2-DVD export would be about 400 seconds.