• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Access Assets (2017)

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate for the first time. I downloaded the program, as well as the separate assets file, and installed it to the default location.

I restarted the computer after doing this. When I click on the themes option inside of Captivate, I am taken to this folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets\Layouts\10_0\en_US

In that folder, there is a bpthemes folder, which is empty, and a file titled "white", which I'm guessing is the default theme.

If I browse through my files (outside of Captivate), I can find the ThemeColors folder that has a few different XML documents. I'm not sure if these are the themes, but if I navigate to this folder from captivate, they don't show up as a .cptm file, and there doesn't seem to be a way to open or even see other file types.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Themes are under the Big Button Themes, you only need to use Browse if you have a custom theme stored somewhere that doesn't show up with the thumbnails under the Themes button. Themes color palettes can be used by themes, the default themes are associated with such a color palette, but you can change them. Be careful when customizing a theme. All themes are responsive, but if yuo edit a theme in a normal, non-responsive project, you could screw the responsiveness of the theme and not be able to use it anymore as a responsive theme. There is some protection: you will not be able to save a responsive theme under the same name in a normal project.

Maybe some articles I wrote could offer you more details:

What's in a Theme - a Template? - Captivate blog

Theme Colors - Captivate blog

Some details about different folders, and customized items:

Captivate 8.0.1 Install? Keep your Customisation! - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support. I had to change the name of a folder and that fixed the problem. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Justin,
What folder did you change?
And...
What did you change it to?

Thanx!

-Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources