• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish standalone Help file

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2008 Aug 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a small Help file that includes Captivate demos. I generated both a FlashHelp file and a Microsoft HTML Help file without a hitch. But I want to be able to publish the Help file as a standalone application that can be downloaded to the desktop of a laptop as a support tool. I don't see a way to publish a standalone file. Please help...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 08, 2008 Aug 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, LEchristina, and welcome,

What problems are you encountering with HTML Help that deter you from using this format? Of course, HTML Help is a Windows-only format, and users who download HTML Help files from the Internet must unblock them before they can view the contents (for the reasons outlined in the following article), but this is normally an ideal format in which to deliver self-contained help.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=902225

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2008 Aug 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm not sure what you mean by "as a support tool," but you may want to try out the RoboHelp Packager for AIR and see if it works for what you want. It bundles a WebHelp output into an AIR application that is downloaded to the user's computer.

http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp/robohelp-packager-for-air/

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp