• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I automatically set the "Output To" filed for multiple items in the Render Queue?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I added multiple items to the Render Queue, but the items did not render because the Output To field does not have a value.

I want the output movie to have the same name as the comp and be stored in the same folders as the other comps.

Can this be done programmatically?

app.project.renderQueue.items.add(myComp).outputModule(1).applyTemplate("QMM");

OutputTo.png

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what I did, but it's now working. I manually specified the output folder for a few items in the Render Queue by clicking "Not yet specified", removed all items from the Render Queue, ran my script again ,and now the Output To filed is automatically filled. What a non-intuitive way to do things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got that because that was the first time you have added something to render queue since you have installed the After Effects.

If you will render anything just once, render queue will automatically render anything to the latest folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for the clarification. It's been an uphill road trying to get things to work, but I am getting there. I was able to render a large number of animations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines