2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2017 8:01 AM by debbie113

Licensing Adobe DE on a reinstall

debbie113

I have used Digital Editions in my classroom for several years. I have relocated to Vietnam, new workplace, and cannot seem to bring ADE with me to a new Macbook computer.

I've even deleted the old program, and let all the existing resources there go to try to get a platform that works in my new place.

I've used a few browsers.. but the same error message result is this error message. No idea how to fix it! The login to Adobe

>>Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ACT_NOT_READY

What does this mean? How can I fix it?

The login to Adobe ID has grabbed an additional detail, which is no longer my ID.. but I cant get to it to delete that detail. Round in circles.

Can anyone please advise how to get this otherwise very good program going for me??

Thanks, Debbie

• 1. Re: Licensing Adobe DE on a reinstall
          Nanaky Level 5

Windows:

Close all applications.

Press WINDOWS + R.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Remove the Adept Folder.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize..

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

• 2. Re: Licensing Adobe DE on a reinstall
            debbie113 Level 1

Thanks Nanaky for this info. I cannot find how to get tp the Users\Library.... area. can you offer a few more back directories? I have a Macbook Pro, and Sierra 10.12.6.

Should I go to Applications? System Preference? Not sure.

Thanks..