This content has been marked as final. Show 10 replies
You could apply a conditional build tag to your headings and then exclude that when you produce the Printed Documentation.
Can the build conditions be applied to the page titles? If I start a topic with an h2 heading, I don't want it to appear with a Heading 1 title from the page title in HTML.
Colum, I am not sure that is what is meant. I am wondering if the question is based on chapter titles being converted.
Can we have some more clarification please? It seems unlikely you would not want the headings in the topics exported.
What are you calling Page Titles?
The content in Word will be whatever is in your topics. Is it that the first heading is appearing in the document but styled as Heading 1 rather than 2 or that you are seeing different words. If so we need to establish the source of those.
I wonder if what you are seeing is the book titles from your TOC?
Have you looked at the Printed Documentation article on my site?
Thanks a lot for trying to help me. I will examine my document more closely to verify if the issue is the "book" headings. However, I am being called away on an older project until next Friday. This project has other issues.
Please be patient if I try to get to this after a lapse of a few days. There will be plenty of water under the bridge for you. But I cannot get into this while the issue is still fresh.
Have a good weekend.
OK, just start the follow up with "Peter" to grab my attention.
I am using conditions to prevent the "book" title and the first heading 1 in the "book" to appear together in print output.
When I promote a topic to "book" level, it seems the content of the topic disappears and I have to insert a new copy of the topic under it. That's why I am getting duplicate headers.
I wonder what i was doing wrong.
I just solved the problem of the weird search navigation bar by selecting DHTML->Pure HTML output. I now get a search field in the Navigation Pane. Before, I selected only pure HTML and got the Search Pane within the Navigation. The entries looked like a weird index with random numbers added in like page numbers.
I think it would help a lot if you could explain this with some screenshots showing where you start and what you end up with.
Email me via my site and include a link to this thread.
I'll look at it over the weekend.
The problem I had with "duplicate" headings arose because I am learning RoboHelp 7 by trial and error. I noticed that when I promoted a topic to the so-called book level, I could no longer open the topic in the editor from TOC. So I inserted another copy of the topic in the TOC just below the book. Therefore, I got extra headings when I exported the webhelp to MS Word. I am eliminating this problem now on my own.
I notice that the page titles occur in the header part of the HTML topics, not in the body part. Therefore, when a page is produced in webhelp, only the text beginning with the first heading appears. So I have a non-problem.
Sorry to bother you. Have a restful weekend.
By the way, when I opened your webpage, I did not see where I could leave email.
Under Contact on the menu.