• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Tracker Camera removing Trapcode Form effect

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently new to trapcode and was just following along a tutorial on youtube with doing an effect.  Long story short, attempting to do the freeze rain effect as seen in Now You See Me 2. 

I follow every step precisely.  There is just one thing I can't figure out. I did a 3D track and then created a 3D tracker camera from a point and created a new solid and precompose them.  I applied the trapcode form effect to the shape layer but the effect and changes I make to the effect aren't visible when the 3D Tracker Camera is visible.  Once I turn the camera off however, I can see the trapcode form effect and the changes I have made but it doesn't have any 3D tracking. Screen shots of what is going on is below.

3D Tracker Camera on:

3D Camera On.jpeg

3D Camera On Main.jpeg

3D Camera Tracker Off:

3D Camera Off.jpeg

3D Camera Off Main.jpeg

Here is the link for the youtube video that I watched:: After Effects Tutorial: Raindrops Freeze Time (Advanced) Trapcode Form - Now You See Me 2 - YouTube

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your workflow is wrong. You don't create a 3D solid from a track point, you simply create a 2D solid covering the entire comp. Form itself does all the 3D calculations internally.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for replying.  I guess I worded it wrong.  I created a 3D null with the 3D tracking camera, deleted it, and then created a 2D solid that covers the entire comp.  Does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines