• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get my Wacom Intuos Draw to work with photoshop at all

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I got full creative cloud, as before I used Krita for digital drawing.  However once I installed photoshop CC I found that the pressure sensitivity and the express keys on the tablet dont work with Photoshop.  I have also installed Illustrator and Lightroom, both of which work fully with my tablet but photoshop doesnt work. 

I have found that anything I do in the wacom properties Window has no effect on Photoshop, for example,  if I change from Mouse mode to Pen mode in the Wacom Properties software, nothing changes in Photoshop, also if I change any of the express keys they dont do anything either.  It appears that photoshop is not detecting any changes I make, and just taking the wacom input as mouse input even though I am changing the mode from mouse to pen in the software and also when I select to only use monitor one in photoshop, it still allows me to use both displays again showing that photoshop is not detecting anything from the wacom softare.

I have tried...

Reinstalling Photoshop 2017 and also reverting through all the 2015 and 2014 versions of the software and still nothing.

I have checked the button towards the top of photoshop enabling touch sensivity and tried to do so in the brush menu, but there is a little triangular caution symbol.

This morning I updated my wacom drivers so is it likley that this could be the problem, even though I had the problem before updating the driver and still the tablet did not work properly in photoshop.

I have also tried to do the UserConfig file method with again doesnt work.

I literally dont know what to do, the tablet works fine in all other programs and the touch sensivity works in other programs such as Krita, 

I have tried with Windows Ink checked and unchecked, and changed the hold to right click settings in the windows control pannel and still nothing. 

If anyone could help me that would be great!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

I would suggest you search on Wacom in the Photoshop forum there many threads on this subject. Also if do not have Use Microsoft Ink in Pen Mapping you need to add a PSconfig file in your User ID Photoshop Preferences for the newer version of Photoshop to have Photoshop use WinTab API for Pen support new version of Photoshop default to use Microsoft INK api where old versions of Photoshop only support Wintab API so I have set my Wacom preferences not to use Microsoft INK with Photoshop and have

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you search on Wacom in the Photoshop forum there many threads on this subject. Also if do not have Use Microsoft Ink in Pen Mapping you need to add a PSconfig file in your User ID Photoshop Preferences for the newer version of Photoshop to have Photoshop use WinTab API for Pen support new version of Photoshop default to use Microsoft INK api where old versions of Photoshop only support Wintab API so I have set my Wacom preferences not to use Microsoft INK with Photoshop and have added the configuration  files my Photoshop preferences for the newer versions of Photoshop.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?sort=updatedDesc&q=Wacom+pen

Touch support is a different device it not related to pen except that touch support is disable when the pen is in close proximity of the tablet surface.

If you have un-check Use Microsoft INK checkbox for Photoshop CC 2014 the version of Photoshop I use requires the PSuserconfig  text file.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just select or not select the windows ink checkbox . I had both a wacom intuos draw graphics tablet and a  Artist Display 15.6 Pro- xp-pen  Drawing Tablet with Screen .

I use photoshop CC and Illustrator  . I prefer more drawing directly on the screen of artist 15.6 Pro drawing tablet . it's more naturally .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines