• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest versions of Adobe Sketch and Adobe Draw with ios11. I want to drag and drop layers to other projects but it isn’t working. Is there a way to indicate I want to move layers between projects rather than move them up and down within a document?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Hi, 

So, this is definitely a little bit tricky; and, if you’re anything like me, it takes two hands.

Try this:

* Tap the layer you want to move.

* Once it’s outlined, press-hold-and drag it to the center of the canvas. DON’T let go of it. 

* If you only want to move that one layer, with your other hand, tap the back arrow in the upper left nav (still without releasing that layer).

* If the drawing you want to copy the layer to is in the same project, tap on it. If it’s in another project tap tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

So, this is definitely a little bit tricky; and, if you’re anything like me, it takes two hands.

Try this:

* Tap the layer you want to move.

* Once it’s outlined, press-hold-and drag it to the center of the canvas. DON’T let go of it. 

* If you only want to move that one layer, with your other hand, tap the back arrow in the upper left nav (still without releasing that layer).

* If the drawing you want to copy the layer to is in the same project, tap on it. If it’s in another project tap that same back arrow to see more of your projects.

* Once you’re in the drawing you want to copy the layer to, go ahead and release it.

Note: If you want to move more than one layer to another drawing, just tap it/them while continuing to hold on the first one you chose.

Let me know if you’re still having trouble.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

Thanks for the prompt response. I don’t see back arrow in the upper left nav In either Sketch or Draw.

I’ll keep looking.

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nick.

This "sort of" back arrow:

Nick.jpg

Does that help?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the iPad, it's “Close” and not a back arrow. Maybe a UI improvement opportunity?

43A4193E-4D2D-4CC9-9C6E-0A1AEBFB7853.png

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike.

I was writing instructions from my phone. I completely forgot the UI difference (there's not enough room for "Close" in the phone interface).

Thanks for catching my mistake.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

It works! I moved one layer. Hopefully, I have the dexterity to move more than one at a time. Thanks for your patience. I use the Creative Cloud apps for my personal enjoyment. I sometimes share the results on Facebook and Instagram. Basic stuff. I was looking for a way to move layers last week and suddenly the update appeared! Creative Cloud is perfect for me.

Warm regards,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nick.

Once you have the hang of one, more is super easy....

While keeping your finger on the one you moved, just tap on any additional layers you want to add to the stack (they don't have to be dragged).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I tried how you described it and it didn't work. My apps are updated, but I don't have IOS 11 yet (slow connection here, I'll uploaded during the night) could it simply be because of that?

Also, I saw on the new features that it's possible to drag and drop between Adobe draw and Adobe sketch. How does it work? Does it mean there won't be any quality loss like with a copy-paste? (Which would be awesome!)

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cerisebio.

Drag-and-drop (inside one app or between Sketch and Draw) is not possible without iOS 11.

Hope that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, that's probably the reason then, I'll update and try again.

Can you also tell me if I understood correctly about the drag and drop between the 2 apps? And how does it work then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cerise.

Drag-and-drop between the apps is only possible (even with iOS 11) on certain devices. What device are you using?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using an ipadpro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated iOS and... it works! One, several layers, inside draw, between draw and sketch, that’s awesome! Thanks for your help Sue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome Cerise.

I'm glad everything's working for you. The first few times it feels like moving layers requires three hands but once you get the system down it's pretty great.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please I’m having the same problem, I’m on iPad 2 and iOS 11, yet I have no idea how to drag and drop my layers from sketch to draw, any help will be much appreciated      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I DID IT!! It’s super easy!! To move them between apps just don’t stop holding the layer(s) leave Sketch and open Draw, never letting the layers go, do not stoop holding them, choose the project and let it drop in there :sparkles:     yay! I’m so happy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pinkbunny.

Thanks for posting that you got it all sorted.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for hjelp with this!   But when I dropp layers from draw to sketch they loose quality and become image-layers. What am I dooing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trinesel.

I think there are plans to change this in future versions of the apps, but right now, when dragging-and-dropping layers BETWEEN Draw and Sketch, the content will be shared as an image layer, so… non-editable.

I hope that clears up the confusion.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

Is there a way to use this drag and drop with an iPhone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alena.

Yes. You can drag-and-drop on an iPhone but you can't do any dragging-and-dropping that would require a split- or slide over-view. So, for example, it's not possible to move layers between Draw and Sketch.

The same instructions apply; let me know if you have trouble (it's a bit trickier on a small screen).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines