• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer Mask is omitting content from other layers beneath it...

Enthusiast ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The layer mask was created to further color balance an element on its layer + I did crop out all background items I did not want color balanced. At the same time, I created a duplicate layer below it of the complete image. On that layer I cropped out the foreground information (e.g. - the element I did color balance on the layer above).

When I save the PSD and place in INDD, the bottom most layer with the background does not display. What do I need to do with the clipping mask from the layer above that is somehow affecting the layer beneath? Not sure why it is affecting the layer beneath.

Other: I should mention the clipping mask path had two separate pieces where I then selected 'Combine Shapes' so they'd get affected as one cohesive unit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post meaningful screenshots including all pertinent Panels (Layers etc.) of Photoshop and Indesign (with the Object Layer Options dialog visible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm taking a wild guess at what you're trying to do here 🙂

If you want to mask out Color balance so that it's only applied to certain areas you'd be better using a Color Balance Adjustment layer with a Layer Mask on it? You can click on the Clipping Mask button on the Properties panel to chose whether it's applied to all layers or just the one below it.

If you want the clipping mask only to affect certain layers, place the layers to be affected inside a Layer Group and then apply the Clipping Mask to the group. Or apply an Adjustment layer (with layer mask) to the Group?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines