• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible make photo collage to make shape

Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to automatically in either Photoshop or Illustrator take hundreds of images and align them to make a shape?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a clipping mask in AI or a mask or a clipping group in PSD to create a shape that will also mask out the part of the images that you don't want to show.

Create a basic clipping mask |

Reveal layers with clipping masks in Photoshop

When you talk about automatically align them, do you mean an action to bring them in on a grid or what are you hoping to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show an example of what you want to create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I know about clipping masks. But I don't want the images to be cut.

The word "Fill" with images Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 12.44.09 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this would not be a job for illustrator. use photoshop only or place photos in adobe indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been possible in Illustrator up to version CS5 using the plugin Scriptographer and one of its plugins.

I'm not quite sure which one of the scripts it was, maybe this: https://scriptographer.org/scripts/general-scripts/objects-on-paths-scatter-brush/

But I am sure that I used Scriptographer to scatter photos along a path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am aware there is no action in Photoshop or illustrator that will allow you to create a custom word photo collage with multiple images.

It may well be a case of positioning them manually.

I think Photoshop would your best bet as you would be able to position the photos quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose you could type your text, create outlines from your letters, select groups of images, and align them to the character shapes. Then delete those original characters once the images are where you want them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines