• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements & Quick Time

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just re-installed Pe11, having not used it for quite some time. No real problems, apart from the fact that I got the message to say that I have to install Quick Time, for the programme to work. I now know that Apple are no longer supporting it and just wondered whether this makes the product totally redundant.

The aim of re-installing is simply to enable me to lift some video from a Sony Digital 8 camera and transfer direct to an external hard drive. I'm a relative beginner and do not want to waste too much time unnecessarily.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need Quicktime's components to edit a number of video formats -- so I recommend installing it.

QuickTime 7.6 for Windows

If you are concerned about security issues, you can disable the Quicktime Player by browsing into the program files folder and changining QuicktimePlayer.exe to QuicktimePlayer.old and you will still be able to access the necessary Apple components.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve, your help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trying to add a little to Steve's post, Adobe has listed having Quicktime installed as a requirement through version 14.  The current version 15 does not list it as a requirement and Adobe has apparently added more "codecs" to reduce reliance on codecs supplied with a Quicktime installation.   However, based on questions and their answers on this forum over the last year, a few file formats from various cameras still need codecs that come with Quicktime.   So, depending on what your video clips come from, you may be OK with out Quicktime.  Note that it is not the Quicktime program that was or is needed.  It is only the supporting files that comes with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines