• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video playback too fast resulting in desyncing?

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone.

I've been editing for two years and recently made the switch over to Premiere but I've encountered an issue I've never seen before.

Whenever I import an MP4 video file into Premier, the video portion plays SLIGHTLY faster (feels like 1.2 or 1.3 times speed) than the audio causing it to completely desync after a few seconds. However, playing the file normally (through VLC and the like) shows that the video is fine. This only occurs when I import the video into Premier.

I've seen tutorials online claiming changing the file type to ".mov" will fix my issue, however when I do that the video file plays even faster than before. Even then, all the "desyning mp4" fixes I can find are for instances where the video is playing slower than the audio, but I can't find anything for when the video plays faster than the audio.

Not sure if it's worth noting, but the videos are screen recordings along with the screen's audio.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Hi RevyC,

Screen capturing apps & Mobile phones often use Variable Frame Rate recording, which is not supported/ideal for use in Premiere Pro.

This is a common issue and I have seen this before.

This could also affect the quality of the final output due to frame rate conversion.

I would suggest you to convert your original footage to a Constant frame rate using the free HandBrake software before importing and editing in Premiere.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 2b below will solve this.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi RevyC,

Screen capturing apps & Mobile phones often use Variable Frame Rate recording, which is not supported/ideal for use in Premiere Pro.

This is a common issue and I have seen this before.

This could also affect the quality of the final output due to frame rate conversion.

I would suggest you to convert your original footage to a Constant frame rate using the free HandBrake software before importing and editing in Premiere.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines