Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framerate interpolation

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been discussed before. Sorry about that, I'll make it quick.

Once in a while I work on a project that  makes one long film out of several short films. They are usually at 24fps, but sometimes they are not. In that case frame sampling stutters, frame blending blures stuff and optical flow screws with cuts. So my only working workaround is to "re-cut" the film and use optical flow on individual shots.

Is there any better way how to solve this?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried running the source footage through Media Encoder in an edit-friendly format before you start cutting?

When editing, do you have your sequence setting match the source footage? Maybe you'll get different results if you have those matched and only export out to your preferred 24p format...

These are just some suggestions on how I would approach things... hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think there is a better method here.  You're essentially doing things 'wrong' (using media with different frame rates in the same sequence), so compromises are bound to be required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines