3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2008 6:44 AM by Newsgroup_User

navigation to another page

raji1
      hi,
      i am displaying four charts in one page.In which i have a button, on click of it it should navigate to another page and display six more charts.The first four charts are in one mxml file and the six charts are in another mxml file.I am displaying the data through input in the first page.The same input should pass to the second page and should display the data.but i am unable to do so.can anyone help me this out?
        • 1. Re: navigation to another page
          Madhav Subedi Level 4
          if you have two mxml files, your flex builder generates two wrapper html files with same name as that of mxml file, so you can load the html/swf with six charts when a chart is clicked and send the input as querystring which you can easily capture in the target html:
          navigateToURL(new URLRequest("SixCharts.html?id="+input.text),"_self");

other way to do the same is that you develop single mxml application with multiple components; when a chart in one component is clicked, you can load the next component.
          • 2. Re: navigation to another page
            raji1 Level 1
            thanks but still i am unable to display the charts.

the line of code is:

navigateToURL(new URLRequest("StackedCharts.html?id="+ptyID),"_self");

where ptyID=Application.application.txtPtyId.text; this text input is in the first mxml application
            • 3. Re: navigation to another page
              Level 7

"raji1" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gil5v0$oav$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > thanks but still i am unable to display the charts.
              >
              > the line of code is:
              >
              > navigateToURL(new URLRequest("StackedCharts.html?id="+ptyID),"_self");
              >
              > where ptyID=Application.application.txtPtyId.text; this text input is in
              > the
              > first mxml application

Change the base tag of the second file to be something like Canvas and use a
              ViewStack