4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2017 11:26 AM by mtnerd

Emailing a completed pdf form from the web

mtnerd Level 1

I would like to create a pdf employment application form which will be linked to a website.  When the visitor clicks an "Apply On-Line" button, the form will open in a new window (I know how to do this).  After the visitor completes the form, the submit button will run code to create a pdf copy of the form, email it to a designated email address, and return the visitor to the website.

I've been testing a trial version of Acrobat Pro DC.  The "Submit A Form" function doesn't email the form. When the Submit button is clicked with this Action attached, nothing happens. I called Adobe support and they said no, that function wouldn't send the form from the web and I needed to hire a developer to write the code to do this. So I did some more research and found the code on my own (email address falsified for security). 

this.maildoc({

bUI: false,

cTo: "me@gmail.com",

cCC: "anotherme@gmail.com",

cSubject: "Employee Application",

cMsg: "From the on-line job application form"

});

I  loaded this into the "Run a Javascript" for the "Mouse Up" trigger on a Submit button.  Nothing happens when the button is clicked. 

I've called to request support and so far have received nothing besides "we can't help you".  I'm waiting for a supervisor to call me.   

Am I doing something wrong with the function?  Is there something else I should put into the Javascript box? 

http://help.adobe.com/livedocs/acrobat_sdk/11/Acrobat11_HTMLHelp/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/htm l/wwhelp.htm?context=Acrobat11…

Any advice will be welcome,

Debra