3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2008 5:58 PM by CoolRockParty

Uploading the solution files into Flex

iandev
      Prolem : Day 2 Exercise Creating Custom events and dispatching Data.
      I've gone through all the videos and exercises upto this exercise. When I check a checkbox the "Selected Options:" in the contact Information only reads "selection". and this toggles on/off regardless of what checkbox you check. I'm assuming it should read the label of what you have selected - I've gone over the code and can't work out where I have gone wrong.
      so a bit of a newbie question - if I want to download the solution and load the files into flex what is the best way ?(or is it cut and paste) I want to try and keep my original files so that I can compare.

ps. loving the training videos/ exercises so far - good job
        • 1. Re: Uploading the solution files into Flex
          Benji2008 Level 1
          I would just make a new Flex Project, named "AdobeODT_temp" or so :)
          then...
          - right click in the Flex Navigator Window, choose import..
          - then select "General" > "Archive File" -> then browse to the zip file :)

then you can simply view the other file & after you're finished, you can just delete that project :)

or more simply, just unzip the file you downloaded, and open up the mxml file you want with notepad to compare :)

---
          carefully go over the pdf file again, you must have missed a little thing then..
          sounds like u got something wrong in this line possibly:
          var selection:String = event.target.label;

good luck ;)
          • 2. Re: Uploading the solution files into Flex
            iandev Level 1

Thanks for your help.
            I will give it a go - I'm sure it must be a simple typo somewhere - but I'll be damned if I could spot it.
            Cheers
            • 3. Re: Uploading the solution files into Flex
              CoolRockParty
              The problem with downloading solution files from Adobe is that they are named AdobeODT in the zip file, so when I try to import the Flex Project, it says "A project with the same name already exists in your workspace. Rename or delete the existing project." When I tried to rename the MXML file, it created new files in the bin-debug folder but it also left remnant AdobeODT files in the bin-debug folder which had to be deleted. It still gave the same message when I tried to import the Flex Project.

Here's what to do: First, in the Flex Navigator View, click the AdobeODT file folder (not the MXML file).
              Then go to File>Rename. Then you are able to Import the Solution file.