• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this a scam? Form messages received regarding SSL Certificate

Participant ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My website is hosted with Business Catalyst. It's a simple site with a contact form.

On a number of occasions I have received the following message?

This notice is to inform you that the encryption on your website is no longer valid. This means that anyone can listen in or snoop on your communications and customer emails. In addition to the obvious dangers that this presents, it also makes you legally liable for all damages and a $250,000 statutory fine. To fix this problem, you must install an SSL certificate on your website: https://securitycertificate.org?n=www.fridaygraphics.co.uk This will encrypt your communications and make all connections on your website secure. Professional nstallation and technical support for 1 year is available with the service. WARNING: Your website may stop working with 48 hours if it is reported as a malicious website, as a result of hosting insecure content. If you have already been blacklisted, we may be able to help get your website back online. Order your secure certificate on: https://securitycertificate.org?n=www.fridaygraphics.co.uk We deliver the certificate to your email within minutes and also offer professional installation and tech support. Please note that this is the final notice that we are required to send to you and can not be held liable should you fail to comply with this notice. For more information see part 8.3R of our user agreement.

I am unsure what to do with it, as I assumed it was indeed a scam but normally I can verify I scam as other people have generally posted about it somewhere on the web but with this I can't find any reference to it.  The tone of the messages has become increasingly threatening too.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spam, ignore it.

You can purchase a SSL certificate through Adobe themselves. You can ONLy do it through Adobe and have it setup.

Companies are jumping on the fact that browsers like Chrome now show a clearer notification when a site is not HTTPS. IT does not mean they are not secure, but people see bad icons and so on and then if companies like that follow up with emails and scare them further they hope to get your money.

Ignore it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines