1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 2, 2017 2:02 AM by meenakshin83966505

Mouse wheel suddenly oversensitive when using Find.

loriv20598001

I work with pdf's every day at work. Part of the daily process is using Find in a long pdf. When my results are found, I sometimes need to mouse wheel scroll down a page or two. This is something I've done for months with no issue, but today when I did this, my document scrolls down 4 pages at a time. If I click in the document my mouse will scroll 1 page at a time, but as soon as I use the Find function it scrolls down 4 pages at a time again. This is driving my nuts, I can't get it to change. I thought maybe it was specific to today's documents, but when I pulled up older ones, it behaves the same. This started today, how do I flush the settings to see if it clears it up?

• 1. Re: Mouse wheel suddenly oversensitive when using Find.
          meenakshin83966505 Adobe Employee

Hi Loriv,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you are experiencing an issue with the cursor while using the FInd function, try once to repair the application on your system.

Assuming you are on Windows, launch the application and go to Help menu and select Repair Installation.

Once done, relaunch the application and check if it works.

Make sure that the application is updated to the latest patch released.

To check that, you can check the dot version or go to Help menu and select Check for updates.

To check the dot version of your application, refer the steps provided in this help document: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

If the above methods do not help, try resetting the preferences of the application.

You may refer the steps provided here How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default. to reset the preferences of the application.

Let us know how it goes.

If the issue still persists, let us know.

Regards,

Meenakshi

1 person found this helpful