• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive HTML5 Search Broken?

Participant ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again guys. I feel like I've been submitting a lot of bug defects lately. I found another problem in Robohelp 2017 Update 2 that seems really obvious, so much so that I'm wondering if it isn't something on my end. Could someone else test it out and tell me if the problem occurs for them as well? After generating Responsive HTML5 output (after reimporting the layout, as it is completely broken if you don't reimport the layout), the search feature does not work. It just hangs when you try to search. I've tried it in a few projects, including one of the sample projects:

search hangPNG.PNG

Does this work for anyone else?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

I have cross referenced your bug report with Willam's. Please add a comment to https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-960 and your report when you have tested further.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you selected the new layout in the dialog?

Then try deleting the old layout but export it first in case you want to

refer to it later.

Finally try the new layout in a test project just to confirm that works.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why deleting the old one would be necessary, but I tried it anyways and I get the same result. Does the search feature work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not alone but I thought it would be worth a shot when I had the issue and

then the final paragraph I suggested to you worked.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried creating a blank project with no Layouts. I imported the new Layout and then made sure it was selected in the Output. I generated it and it still does not work. I had my coworker test it on her installation and it does not work for her either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested in more than one browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does seem to work in Chrome. Unfortunately for us we require IE 10 or 11 because one of our apps is built in Silverlight, so we can't require Chrome for the documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you establish it is just IE that is the issue? If you can, then

something I have seen elsewhere might be at play. It's late here and I am

about to switch off.

If IE is the sole issue, then I will liaise with someone else in the

morning as I if it is the same issue, I believe they have a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug report for anyone that wants to vote on it.

Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had tried what I suggested my next post would have been to cross

check something else I am aware of. Had that proved to be the same issue I

could probably have offered a fix created by a known and respected forum

supporter and let you know it has been reported.

As it is, I can't confirm things so you will now have to await Adobe

investigating your bug report and issuing an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have worked with you to see if we could get any further in identifying the cause. My likely next step would have been to suggest sending a small demo project that didn't work for you on either machine to see if it worked for me. That would at least tell us whether or not it is something to do with your environment.

The other bug I thought might be linked is not and the sample projects are working for others so Adobe will have some difficulty in identifying why it apparently is only failing for you.

Sorry but I can only help if you are willing to work with me and try what I suggest and I would want to

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that is is working for you in IE? If so, which version of IE?

I had my coworker test it on her computer with a completely separate installation and she saw the same results. There's also been one or two outside people who've voted on the bug. I'm not sure if that means they've had the problem or just saw the post here and decided to vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to prefer asking questions rather than answering mine!

I have just checked again and yes the search works in IE11.608. I also checked with the latest version of Azure Blue and Indigo. Still works.

So please confirm that if you try with FF as well, it is still only IE that gives this problem.

Where is your project stored and are you generating to the same drive?

Assuming it is your local drive, in Internet Options > Advanced are the first two options under Security ticked or not. I doubt that is the issue but please try with those ticked.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure which of your questions I've avoided?

I have IE 11.0.9600.18666, Update Versions 11.0.42, though it was working fine with this version of IE before Robohelp Update 2, so I doubt we can blame it on IE. If you want, you can try running a sample project that I've generated in your browser and see if it works. I've uploaded one here: Travel the Whirls

I don't have FireFox, and even if it does work on Firefox, it doesn't matter for us because our software requires a browser that supports Silverlight, and at this point that's only IE, so our official support is for only IE 10 and 11.

Yes, I am generating to my local drive and trying to access the project there. Both of those boxes are checked so they don't seem to have any bearing on the issue.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think maybe this problem is more severe than I originally thought, as now that I've tried using it with the context links in our software, the topics hang with the same loading symbol in the frame. So I guess it's not just the Search feature, but also the topics in the frame.

In any case I've had to uninstall and reinstall without the updates and it seems to be working again, so whatever is breaking it is in the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try the download tomorrow, I'm on a slow hotel connection.

It's now sounding more like the other problem I referred to so I will ask someone to share some files with you. What's odd though is that I can generate the samples with Update 2 applied and they work.

What operating system are you on?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded quicker this attempt.

I see the problem with what you have generated but not with what I have generated, using IE in both cases.

Bizarre!

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well at least I'm not going crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found William's files and at first glance they seem to fix this issue. I haven't tested it thoroughly, but it looks promising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cross referenced your bug report with Willam's. Please add a comment to https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-960 and your report when you have tested further.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also encountered this issue. I have copied Williams's updated javascript files and my project seems to be ok now in IE. However, I encountered a bit of a glitch with Robohelp after I did that. When I was producing the responsive HTML5 output, it would have issues with saving the files to the output folder. I think this was due to write permissions on subfolders in that folder. The error message in RH output view was "Unable to copy file <sourcefile> to <outputpath>: unexpected error". This only started occuring immediately after I updated the javascript files, and it affected Azure Blue and Indigo layouts. It would compile OK if I completely cleared the output folder.

It seems to be working ok now though (not sure what I did ), I just wanted to mention it on here in case someone else encounters it too, or if there was a different cause of the issue, or if there's a refinement that needs to be made to the javascript files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the location where these files need to go?

Is it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2017\RoboHTML\ResponsiveHelpExt\widgets\common\scripts?

Thanks,

JD

P.S. That is where I copied them and it seems to fix the problem. I did not experience any problems with clearing the output folder during subsequent output generation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's where I put them. Seems to work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see Item 13 in Using RoboHelp 2017 for information about a fix from Adobe for this issue.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Item 13 in Using RoboHelp 2017 now contains a link to an Adobe Technote where you can download the official fix.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp