• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specify port number for Dreamweaver's server.

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I select Preview in Browser, by pressing F12, using Dreamweaver’s server, it works sometimes and other times it does not. It seems to depend on the port number that is selected. I have tried to use a consistent port number by altering the json file in the configuration folder, per the instructions provided by Adobe, but this does not work. Does anyone know how to make Dreamweaver server work consistently, so that I do not get the following error: “You tried to access an external HTML page, which can not be opened on the device for preview. Open the page in Dreamweaver to preview the page on the device.You tried to access an external HTML page, which can not be opened on the device for preview. Open the page in Dreamweaver to preview the page on the device.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

My solution.  Don't use Real-Time Preview.  Use right click on an open tab or file in your Files Panel and select Open in Browser.  Don't use F12.

CC-Preview-in-browser.jpg

Also see, Jon's workaround in Reply #3 of this related thread.

Re: How do I fix dead link when using Preview In Browser?

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution.  Don't use Real-Time Preview.  Use right click on an open tab or file in your Files Panel and select Open in Browser.  Don't use F12.

Also see, Jon's workaround in Reply #3 of this related thread.

Re: How do I fix dead link when using Preview In Browser?

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already know about Open in Browser, but I like the auto-update feature with Real-Time Preview. What I want to know is why doesn't the following info from Adobe work (How to troubleshoot issues with Device Preview in Dreamweaver ). I know that some ports work and other don't, but DW keeps using random port numbers instead of the one that I assigned, per the instructions below:

Advanced troubleshooting

Couldn't launch the Device Preview service

Dreamweaver runs a local HTTP, node server for the Device Preview service on a random port assigned by the node. Device Preview will not work if one or both of the following is blocked by your system administrator:

• The random port assigned by the node server
  • The IP address of the localhost, 127.0.0.1

Perform the following steps to address this issue:

• Relaunch Dreamweaver. In case Dreamweaver was unable to create the node server instance, restarting Dreamweaver will address the issue.If this doesn't help, proceed to step 2 and 3.
  • Assign a specific port for the Device Preview services from the node server. You need to add this port number in a NodePort.json file along with the key for device preview. The process for doing so is described here.

Creating a NodePort.json file

• Create a file, NodePort.json, and specify the port number in the file in the following format:
    {“previewport” : <portnumber>}
    {“previewport” : 8010}
  1. Save the NodePort.json file in the following path:
    • Win: %appdata%\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2015\en_US\Configuration
    • Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC 2015/en_US/Configuration
  2. Relaunch Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is this issue intermittent or you are seeing this consistently on your machine? We have been trying to reproduce and fix it in-house but since it is intermittent we have been been struggling to corner the cause. Please help us with the following details-

1. On which platform and Dw version are you seeing the issue?

2. Is there any specific file on which the issue occurs?

3. Were you in CodeView/Split/Live/Design when you saw this?

4. In which workspace were you working?

5. Which browser are you using?

6. Are there any specific workflow steps in which you see the issue?

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, Google Chrome Canary, Dreamweaver 2017.5

When it works, it works with any file. I believe it has to do with the port number.  Because the port numbers are random,  some of them work and some of them do not..  However, there does not seem to be a way to specify the port number. It would be very helpful if the port number could be specified under Preferences. Setting up a Json file seems unnecessarily complicated. Not that it is hard, but it seems unnecessary when it would be easy enough to specify under Preferences. In any case, the Json file does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Niharika,

I have tried to explain this same issue and now it's happening continuously in the latest ver DW (18.1) how long it will take to fix this as i can see this thread is around 7 months old.

My environment:
"Developer"
Windows 10

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click and select Open in Browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I was talking about "Real time preview" which is supposed to work with "F12" button.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real-Time Preview doesn't work with my local testing server.   So I use Open in Browser instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its ok i got the solution for the Real time preview : goto the right bottom corner "a computer and mobile icon" click on that wait for it to generate QR code then press f12 it will be open as real time preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have addressed this issue in our latest Prerelease build. The fix is available to try out in prerelease build.

Please go to the link Adobe Prerelease and install the latest build 11167.

https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/dwalpha/discussion/367/dw-latest-build-11167-is-availab le

Thanks

Kratika

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... but the ISSUE WAS NOT ADDRESSED.... not was it fixed in the "NEXT" release... Nor did the JSON file creation... What does it take to simply get an override to the dispatch of the "real time preview" ... ADDING A NON 80 port>?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences and turn off Real-Time Preview.  See screenshot from DW CC 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply... but no... that does not provide the option to override the browser(s) port number (i.e. 8080).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm not mistaken, that's only required for a local testing server on Mac.  I don't use a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.. but I do not understand your issue. The OP's problem was solved in build 11167, yet you are now talking about adding ports? The two problems do not seem to be related.

Please start a new discussion where you outline your OS, your local server and port settings.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all the replies... they are appreciated...

Responding the a few replies...

1) The function Real-Time Preview is supposed to be available in MS Windows as well...

2) It is about port reset from the default 80 to what I chose (8080)... same issue...

Problem fixed... once the NEXT release install, and the checkbox "checked'.... ALSO requires the the xampp control panel (config... upper right corner of panel)... requires port reset (to 8080) as illustrated below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines