Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Won't Paste?

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ok so, I just started using Animate and I've been copying things over from Illustrator and pasting them into Animate. I haven't had any problems up until now, Animate won't let me paste anymore. I can't paste in place, in general, or on a new layer. I thought "maybe I have too many layers" so I deleted several, but I still can't paste. I went to another Animate file to see if it was just the file I was currently working on, but even there I can't paste. I restarted the program but that didn't help. How do I paste again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All those failures suggest that the copy wasn't right. Do you have an Illustrator file we could try, and steps about what you tried to copy and paste?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trying to figure out the same thing.

When I cut a symbol and go to |paste in place"  on a new layer, it places the symbol way off screen instead.

Not sure what would cause this and havn't figured it out yet.

Not sure if it's related either, but when I flip a symbol horizontally, it doesn't flip it in place, but moves the symbol to the left everytime I use the option.

Weird glitches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines