• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSP file won't load into PS 2017

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved my actions palette, it saved as a PSP and not an ATN file. I have put it into the actions menu but it doesn't recognize it, It tells me wrong file type. I am running PS CC 2017 on windows 10. Help greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop save your save your Actions Pallets into your Photoshop's preferences in a file names "Actions Palette.psp"  Is contains all off the action sets you have loaded in Photoshop and ant medications you have made.

When you save Action Set they save into a file named "Action Set Name.atn"  You can save and load *.atn  from  and in to your Photoshop's Actions Palette.  These  *.atn can be in any folder.

You did not save your actions into "Actions Palette.psp"   That file in you Photoshop preferences folder contains your current Actions Pallets Content.  It is loaded into Photoshop when you start Photoshop and Saved when close down Photoshop.  Should your Preferences be reset you may loose any Actions you have edited or added.  So when you edit or add actions you should save the actions sets involved into *.atn file for safe keeping.

PSP  Photo Shop Preference

Capture.jpg

The Actions Sets that are install by  Adobe that you can load.  You can save and load you in any folder on your system.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to windows 10 on a SSD. Did a fresh install, reloaded PS, before I did I saved my actions pallet, The only thing I can find in the folder I saved to is the Actions Palette psp file.  How do I get my actions palette into my current PS? ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed this, well I tried to. There is no appdata roaming in my windows 10 upgrade. about to pull my hair out.22156733_10155981266649095_1338422632_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That folder is normally hidden.  To see it you must change your windows File Explored View options.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed Adobe (and your) directions exactly. The actions do not show up in PS ... 22217771_10155983688299095_1763949297_o.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered in your other post:

Re: Actions and presets in Photoshop CC 2017 problems

Quit Photoshop. You will need to rename or move the file titled Actions Palette.psp, then rename the file titled Actions Palette [2].psd to Actions Palette.psp and then restart Photoshop and check if the actions are visible. If they are, immediately save out the actions as individual .atn files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MitziMay2004  wrote

I followed Adobe (and your) directions exactly. The actions do not show up in PS ...

Actually you did not follow my instructions you did  not overwite the "Actions Palette.psp" file in there. Now delete the "Actions Palette.psp" file in there. Then rename the "Actions Palette(2).psp" file in there to "Actions Palette.psp". Then start Photoshop...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MitziMay2004  wrote

I just upgraded to windows 10 on a SSD. Did a fresh install, reloaded PS, before I did I saved my actions pallet, The only thing I can find in the folder I saved to is the Actions Palette psp file.  How do I get my actions palette into my current PS? ...

How do you save you actions Palette.  Photoshop does not have such a feature.  You can close Photoshop and copy "Actions Palette.psp" out of you Photoshop version User ID preferences folder to a folder of your own for safe keeping.   In case your Photoshop preferences get reset or wipped out.    Also use It when you install a new version of Photoshop  you can also use the file to get you Actions palette to the way you like it.  

If you have made a copy of "Actions Palette.psp"  close down Photoshop and then copy the copied "Actions Palette.psp" into your User ID Photoshop Preferences overwrite the "Actions Palette.psp" file in there  with  your copied "Actions Palette.psp" file.    When you then start Photoshop you Actions palette should be populated like it was when you closed down Photoshop to copy "Actions Palette.psp" for safe keeping.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem and have tried to re-name the actions palette.psp file and it still doesn't show up when I try to load actions in PS.  I just changed to a new computer and thought I could save the folder and re-load to ps. I have spent hours on this.  I didn't have problems like this last time I upgraded computers.  I am running Windows 10. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to load actions from any folder you saved actions set in. Your *.atn files.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue as well as getting the error notice upon shut down " Could Not save preferences because you do not have the necessary privileges ..." etc. 

Solved:    Find the ActionsPalette.psp file in the Adobe Photoshop Settings folder (on Mac), right click the file and hit Get info. Make sure your user name is in the list in the sharing and permissions pane at the bottom . If not click the + button and add your username, then click the little cog and make sure your username is the "owner". 

This next part is what did it for me, very important: Make sure that your user has read&write permissions. If it only has read permissions photoshop will not be able to save any preferences that you make. I changed all of the users to read&write just to be safe. After changing that, the error code did not show up anymore on shut down and once I loaded my actions into the actions pane and restarted photoshop they were there upon startup. I did this for Actions Palette, Photoshop Prefs, Keyboard Shortcuts.psp files etc. to make sure they are all read/write by photoshop. 

Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines