Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sometimes oilpaint works and sometimes it doesn't

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I have to admit I am working with less than optimal tech gear ... from what I've been able to find out, I don't believe my graphics card is supported (Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 with updated driver) and the CL is grayed out so that's not an option ...

My question is, why was OilPaint working and now it's not??  If it was my graphics card, I'd think it would never work but it was working just a couple of days ago.  I read somewhere on here that the file must be in RGB - I checked that and it is.  I'm not working with large files either. 

I would really appreciate if any of you might have some ideas on what I can do.  It is a super effective tool that I use for prepping ideas for paintings.

Thanks, JF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had much luck with Intel graphics cards. Sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't. PS has a sniffer that detects if the what graphics card you have and if it's working. It doesn't rely on your OS telling it that you have a certain card. The card actually has to send data to PS. Sometimes this happens, other times it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Chuck.  Next time I'll know to buy a computer that has more umph than I think I'll need.  It is frustrating tho. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, I always look for either a graphics card other than Intel. I have a Surface Pro 3, with an intel, and the graphics card does just what you say yours does: sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines