Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Quit Unexpectedly on macOS High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I recently intalled the Adobe Creative Cloud App for my Macbook Air (Early 2015) running macOS High Sierra (10.13) and downloaded the latest verison of Adobe Lightroom CC (2015), but every time I try tu launch Lightroom, it crashes and it gaves an error saying "Lightroom quit unexpectedly".

I don't know what to do, I've looked on the internet for possible solutions, but none seem to work.

I also read on a post on this forum, to try and launch it from Terminal, and read for error displayed on Terminal, which I did and said the following:

objc[2312]: Class MacExePath is implemented in both /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/PDApp/P7/adobe_licutil.app/Contents/MacOS/adobe_licutil (0x1f6454) and /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/P7/axlibv7.dylib (0x1f1d1ac). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[2313]: Class MacExePath is implemented in both /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/PDApp/P7/adobe_oobelib.dylib (0xc6d6090) and /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/PDApp/P7/axlibv7.dylib (0xc8071ac). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[2313]: Class MacExePath is implemented in both /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/PDApp/P7/adobe_oobelib.dylib (0xc6d6090) and /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/P7/adobe_upgrade.dylib (0xca9f1ac). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Abort trap: 6

Could someone help me with this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

I was finally able to fix all my problems:

To fix the crashing at launching Lightroom issue, I just had to grant Read & Write permissions to Lightroom.app for every account on my MacBook (System, Admin, Everyone, and even adding [UserName]).

And to fix the crashing at opening Preferences issue, I just had to hold the Shift + Option keys while launching Lightroom.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help, and I hope this also helps people in similar situations!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to deactivate the GPU support?

Take a look here: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Regards

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried, but I can't deactivate it from Preferences because it won't launch; and also, I can't edit the com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist  file because the line useAutoBahn = true is nowhere to be found there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't think this is the GPU problem. I think you need to update your Lightroom to 2015.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 2.33.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 2.36.06 PM.png

There seems to be no updates available at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But earlier you stated the version of your Lightroom is 2015. If that's correct, then there are updates to 2015.12, and you can download them and install them manually from Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joebro,

Sorry for the crash, as you stated that the latest version of Lightroom is crashing on your computer, is it specifically after the update of macOS High Sierra (10.13), or was it also crashing prior to the update of macOS?

Also, did you try the troubleshooting steps for GPU as mentioned by Axel?

Could you please share the crash logs for Lightroom crashing.

Regards

Tanuj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It ocurred after the update to macOS High Sierra.

Could you tell me how to share the crash logs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

on my MBP late 2016 and iMac late 2014 i´ve the same problem with Lightroom 5.

On Sierra i´ve no problems. Since i´ve updated to High Sierra, my LR crashes every time when i go to the HSL / Color / B&W. The new pricing model from Adobe is no solution for me as a private hobby photographer.

Is it possible to fix the problem without an update?

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution oil my iMac with Lightroom, as detailed above solved my problem.  I have no other ideas to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Lightroom CC (2015) is not the latest version of LR. There are reports that Lightroom CC 2015.12 fixes (some) problems with High Sierra. So you need to update your LR to 2015.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read on the Internet that the problem may be that Lightroom didn't have the appropiate permissions to launch, so I went to the Applications folder, selected on Lightroom.app and edited the permission to Read & Write for every single account; then, I tried to launch Lightroom, and it worked! The only problem right now is that I can't open Preferences beacuse it crashes every time I try to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to fix all my problems:

To fix the crashing at launching Lightroom issue, I just had to grant Read & Write permissions to Lightroom.app for every account on my MacBook (System, Admin, Everyone, and even adding [UserName]).

And to fix the crashing at opening Preferences issue, I just had to hold the Shift + Option keys while launching Lightroom.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help, and I hope this also helps people in similar situations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if the upgrade to High Sierra changed the permissions. This has been speculated before, with other operating systems upgrades, and obviously those permissions were not a problem before you upgraded to High Sierra ... hmmm ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! I didn't have any problems before High Sierra! Anyway, I'm glad I was able to solve the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which lightroom version do you have? I have lightroom CC(2015) it says 6.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to apply your solution.. Couldn't succedd.. I grant permission, and shit+option didn't make any change.. Can you help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try granting Read & Write permissions to:

• Lightroom.app on the Applications folder,
  • Adobe Lightroom folder on the Applications folder,
  • Macintosh HD â–º Users â–º [UserName] â–º Library â–º Application Support â–º Adobe
  • Macintosh HD â–º Users â–º [UserName] â–º Library â–º Application Support â–º Adobe â–º Lightroom
  • Macintosh HD â–º Users â–º [UserName] â–º Library â–º Application Support â–º Adobe â–º Lightroom â–º [Every Folder]

Notes:

• Make sure to have every single account/user posible under the Read & Write permissions (System, Admin, Staff, Wheel, Everone, and add your username account) by clicking on the "+" button.
  • Make sure to click on the "lock" button (  ) before and after making any permissions changes.Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 3.28.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you folks !  I did all the read-write stuff on all folders as described.  Then LR opened to my last gallery.  I then created a new catalog.  When I try to open that (it has no images yet), LR crashes and closes.  Any more ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lates new version of Lightroom Classic. Worked fine on High Sierra until I opened an alder project.  then crashed as soon as it opened.  I updated all permissions as I had dione previously for ALL users to r/W and still crashes on opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is happening for me now, into november. anyone find workarounds or fixes? i have read the previous fixes, and i just updated to high sierra when this occurred; never before crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To resolve the problem of crashing I did the following. Upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.1

Uninstalled Lightroom

Reinstalled Lightroom

Make sure every one of the folders mentioned in the beginning of this post were marked as READ/WRITE my every possible user

Rebooted the system.

Ran Disk Utility with First Aid, (no errors).

All was well after that.

PS:  Make sure that you reinstall LATEST RELEASE of Lightroom !

I hop that this helps.

I use Lightroom EVERY DAY !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if I were do do the following steps.. would it delete all my images in Lightroom and all I have been working on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that but here's my crash log:

LR launches, I se my gallery and it then crashes.  I have also had problems with copying files and Apple Mail crashing.

Process:               Adobe Lightroom [1463]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Lightroom/Adobe Lightroom.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Lightroom

Identifier:            Adobe Lightroom

Version:               Adobe Lightroom [1125239] (6.12)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Adobe Lightroom [1463]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2017-10-06 16:39:03.400 -0400

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.13 (17A405)

Report Version:        12

Anonymous UUID:        43C22853-B118-2B42-1F00-C7B0D26093A9

[When a Staff person asks for private information hover your mouse over their name]

[you may then click the Message option in the popup window to send a private email]

[long crash log removed... please only send a crash log to a technician, when asked]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines