2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2008 1:11 PM by jtspears3450

Dynamic Text under a Mask

jtspears3450 Level 1
      Hello, I have a just a plain rectangle set as a mask. Underneath/inside the mask, I have 3 layers. A button in one layer, a movieclip in another, and a dynamic text box in another. The button and movieclip layer work as planned. The dynamic text box does not show up however. It is there (the text is selectable, I see the mouse change to the 'I' when I roll over where it should be) but I see nothing there. Is there an unwritten rule that you cannot use dynamic text under a mask? When the text is set as 'Input', I get the same results. When the text is set as 'Static' I can see the text and everything works as it should. I also tried to place the 'dynamic textbox' in a movieclip, but I still had the same error. Any walkaround or solution would be appreciated.

-Jake
        • 1. Re: Dynamic Text under a Mask
          Level 7
          You need to embed the font to do what you're talking about. The easiest way
          to do this is to click the Embed button on the Properties for your dynamic
          text box. Then, choose the characters you need (upper case, lower case,
          numbers, punctuation).

It should work once you've got that going.

KB

"jtspears3450" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g7cp7q$766$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello, I have a just a plain rectangle set as a mask. Underneath/inside
          > the
          > mask, I have 3 layers. A button in one layer, a movieclip in another, and
          > a
          > dynamic text box in another. The button and movieclip layer work as
          > planned.
          > The dynamic text box does not show up however. It is there (the text is
          > selectable, I see the mouse change to the 'I' when I roll over where it
          > should
          > be) but I see nothing there. Is there an unwritten rule that you cannot
          > use
          > dynamic text under a mask? When the text is set as 'Input', I get the
          > same
          > results. When the text is set as 'Static' I can see the text and
          > everything
          > works as it should. I also tried to place the 'dynamic textbox' in a
          > movieclip, but I still had the same error. Any walkaround or solution
          > would be
          > appreciated.
          >
          > -Jake
          >