• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chapter and section numbers not updating in reflow ePub

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using InDesign CC 2017.1 Build (12.1.0.56) on macOS 10.12.16.

I have created a Book containing two documents each of which has a chapter title and a number of sections with headings. The chapter title uses a paragraph style where the numbering format is set to ^H. The section headings also use a paragraph style (^H.^#). After updating the numbering for the book, each document shows the correct chapter and section heading numbering. For example:

1. Chapter One Title

1.1 Heading 1

1.2 Heading 2

2. Chapter Two Title

2.1 Heading 1

2.2 Heading 2

When I generate the PDF for this book the chapter and heading numbers are correct as is also the case when I generate a Fixed Layout ePub from the book.

Unfortunately, when I generate Reflow ePub, both chapter titles are numbered 1 and the section headings are numbered 1, 2, 3 etc instead of 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.2 etc. I have tried generating both ePub 3.0 and ePub 2.0.1 and also splitting the file on the Chapter Title paragraph style. So far I have not been able to find a solution to the problem.

1. Chapter One Title

1. Heading 1

2. Heading 2

1. Chapter Two Title

1. Heading 1

2. Heading 2

Any suggestions, guidance or ideas to try would be much appreciated. I'm new to InDesign so I am sure I must be missing/misunderstanding something....

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?