• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do the Screen mode options change via keys when there is no shortcut?

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm mostly making this because I'm pissed right now, but I was working in photoshop, trying to type out a word that started with shift+i, and turns out the text editor did not register my click and started making random things happen in my workspace, which made me end up going into full screen mode with menu bar (under view > screen mode), which was something that had never happened to me before and I was trapped in photoshop and had to look up an answer on my phone. Luckily I found the solution pretty quickly but that's absolute bull that this happened. I went to keyboard shortcuts to try and disable it but to no avail?? there are no keyboard shortcuts for this to happen so why did it? is there no way to disable it? I really don't want to have to go into full-on panic mode again. (note this is NOT where you press tab and then it goes back to normal, I've done that before and tried pressing tab but nothing happened. Personally I think that's bad design)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does this only happen in Photoshop?

Sometimes it can happen if the problem is in the PC keyboard so you should go to "device management" and uninstall the keyboard driver then you have to restart the PC ... at startup the computer installed the keyboard correctly.

Sometimes it may happen if you use more than one language and some characters are typed differently.

for example, you type "@" in a language but if you change the language by pressing the same key you write "_"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines