0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2017 7:35 PM by laurap86916125

Anyone have an issue with superscript automatically changing to subscript in comments?

laurap86916125

Hi,

I am a copy editor/proofreader, and I work in PDF markups in Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.

Sometimes, I need to copy existing text from a PDF and paste it into a comment to make edits or rearrange the wording. If that copy already contains a special character (em dash, en dash, superscripted number, trademark symbol) or if I need to “clear formatting” because the text is in white, anything I superscript within that copy changes to subscript.

So for example, if the PDF says:

It’s easy — just go …

Now, let’s say this copy is in white in the PDF and I need to add a footnote. I copy the phrase, use the “Add Note to Replace Text” tool, paste the copy, and do Text Style > Clear Formatting. Then I add a “1” after “easy.” If I select the “1” and do Text Style > Superscript or do Ctrl-Shift-+, it superscripts the “1.” However, as soon as I click away from the comment box, the superscripted copy changes to subscript.

In the above example, I know there would be easier ways to do this, but I am just using a simplified example to make it easier to explain.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Thanks!