• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank space between page content and footer

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community! For weeks now I am trying to solve one seemingly simple problem: I have a blank space between my page content and the footer of my page. I just can't fill it, no matter what I do … moving up the bottom-page-slider, adjusting hidden items that could force the footer the make room etc. It is probably a simple adjustment. Only, I can't find it.

This is the website so far: http://www.moritzlaube.com/test

Also, I've attached a screenshot of my project. It shows the page I have problems with. The gallery is made with a third party widget by QooQee. I am pretty sure it has something to do with it.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-04 um 11.41.56.png

Is there anyone who might be able to help? Thanks in advance.

Moritz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Don’t think, the „hidden object“ is the culprit. I assume, this element is an intentional hidden menu.

Look at this modified and slightly reduced file:

Dropbox - moritzlaube.zip

• I think, there is no real issue on this site. What I did I corrected the position of some elements, I corrected the „minimal Page Height“ for every breakpoint and on design and master page.
  • I deselected the „Sticky Footer“ option for every breakpoint and on design and master page.

This seems to have fixed the issues. Just lo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, let us have a look at your .muse file. Please delete all element except those, which are visible in your screenshot.

Follow these instructions: Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll find the link to the stripped .muse file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyy0p1inhhjdc75/moritzlaube.com_shrink.muse?dl=0

I only left the work page and the Master page in the project file.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite the unnecessary breakpoints at 320 and 1465, which I deleted to see, if this has any influence on your height, I couldn`t detect any other "design" mistakes.

You want to appear the footer right below the thumbs? Without any white space?Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-04 um 12.46.14.png

Did I get it right?

Guenter knows much more, maybe he sees something else, but to get in touch with qooqee might be helpfull and always a good starting point.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe, you got it right. I wanted to get rid of the space between thumbs and footer. I tried to get in touch with QooQee for several weeks now. Unfortunately, no one is getting back to me. So I thought, maybe I've done something wrong in setting up the project. But it seems that I didn't. Thanks so much for your help!

(Would you be so kind and quickly explain why the breakpoints at 320 and 1465 are unnecessary? I really was struggling with that. Thanks!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, breakpoints are set, when your design starts to "bleed" outside the canvas, when your design starts to fail.

Devices with smaller resolutions than 320 are very rare so there´s nothing to break any more.

On the higher resolutions between 1400 and 1465, what should happen between those breakpoints?

I experienced once, that every breakpoint adds some data to the website and so makes it heavier than necessary.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ankushr40215001​ or Preran​? Could you assist with your connections to QooQee with this?

moritzlaube  schrieb

. I tried to get in touch with QooQee for several weeks now. Unfortunately, no one is getting back to me. So I thought,

I don`t have a clue why these 3rd party vendors are not willing to get back to their clients.

That´s one reason I dropped qooqee at my beginning with muse. Support was really bad and seems to not got better?

The only fortune, because of this fact I came to this marvelous forum .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a hidden object in that blank space and I think it's a part of Qooqee's widgetScreenshot_7.jpg

Another here

Screenshot_8.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to have some coders in here.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Well, since I cannot manually access that code in Muse I will check back with QooQee support with that information and hope they'll get back to me. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks again for your great support here!

Yours,

Moritz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t think, the „hidden object“ is the culprit. I assume, this element is an intentional hidden menu.

Look at this modified and slightly reduced file:

Dropbox - moritzlaube.zip

• I think, there is no real issue on this site. What I did I corrected the position of some elements, I corrected the „minimal Page Height“ for every breakpoint and on design and master page.
  • I deselected the „Sticky Footer“ option for every breakpoint and on design and master page.

This seems to have fixed the issues. Just look at the linked file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter! At first, it didn't work either. But then I implemented the footer – that I've added as a Master page – into the page itself. And then it worked.. The plug-in seems to have issues with a Master page applied.

Thanks everybody for your great support! It's unbelievable how fast you've helped out in comparison to waiting for weeks to getting an answer from QooQee...

Haff a great afternoon.

Moritz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested the file, before handing it over to you, and it worked fine. But if you found another solution – fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally right. Your file worked fine. Only when I copied your changes into my project, it didn't work with the footer for some reason. That was why I threw away the master page. And only because of your changes it finally worked. I've done that before and it didn't work. So your changes where the key to the whole design flaw.. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can’t „copy“ the changes. You have to adjust them all.

But you found a solution, so it is ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines