• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom importing video upside-down

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom release 2015.12. Build 1125239.

iMac mid-2011 27-inch running Sierra (10.12.6.) 4 GB RAM.

The video clip is a 640x480 3GP video shot on a Moto G.

The video displays and plays correctly in the Finder and in Quicktime Player. Upon import Lightroom displays and plays the video upside down. The attached image shows the effect; Lightroom on the left, Finder on the right.

This issue has been reported every year all the way back to at least 2010. In the past, every thread I can find dismisses the problem as:

1. The user holding the phone upside down, or,

2. Not worthy of response.

Since the video displays correctly outside of Lightroom, on both Windows and Mac, I think we can dismiss the idea that the video was shot upside down.

I hope this issue will be deemed worthy of response, since it appears to be a bug of long standing in Lightroom.

Does anyone have an idea why this happens? Is there a way to fix it?Upside-down video IMG_20171004_100050218_HDR.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

I suggest you file a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bugs reported: Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Upload a short sample video straight from the camera to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link there. Be sure to include the version of LR and Mac / Windows.

Unfortunately, there is no way to rotate a video in LR.  You could add your me-too vote and opinion to this feature request: Lightroom: Ability to rotate videos | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you file a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bugs reported: Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Upload a short sample video straight from the camera to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link there. Be sure to include the version of LR and Mac / Windows.

Unfortunately, there is no way to rotate a video in LR.  You could add your me-too vote and opinion to this feature request: Lightroom: Ability to rotate videos | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for me. This just started to happen on my last import. iPhone X (iOS 11.3), High Sierra (Mac OS-X 10.13.2). Everywhere the video is correct. I monitored the video as I was shooting it. LR thumbnails show the video correctly. It is just the video itself that doesn't orient properly. The really funny thing is that it was upside down, then started to show it right side up, then went back to and stayed upside down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Boy. When I put the video on Screen #2 in Lightroom, Screen 1 shows it upside down, and Screen 2 shows it rightside up! Any ideas? I restarted LR, that didn't work. BTW, it's Lightroom Classic CC that I'm using...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also seeing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Problem appeared in some videos auto-imported by Lightroom Camera from my iPhone 7

Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.1 and Camera Raw 10.3

iPhone 7 iOS 11.4

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011) running macOS Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe product developers won't see your comments -- they very rarely participate in this forum.  But Adobe has said the bug with iPhone videos being improperly rotated might be fixed in the next release (likely due any day now).  See this bug report and click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner: Lightroom Classic 2018: iPhone movies wrongly rotated | Photoshop Family Customer Community . You'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 (June 2018 release)

Please update Lightroom to the latest version. See Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Here's what new in the 7.4 update release: New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the heads up Akash! Very nice to hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines