• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Adobe CC InDesign will not open

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - i am tapping in to this thread. Hope that is OK.

I have the same problem and have followed your instructions: a)uninstalled InDesign, b) reboot, c) run the adobe ccleaner tool, d) reboot again, e) reinstalled InDesign - to no avail. I have also tried to hit ctr+alt+shift to reset settings during start-up.

I run windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkpad PC - all updates installed. In fact, the problem started with the windows updates I installed 6 days ago.

Hope you can help and I will keep an eye on your thread. Best regards, Kristian

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Ok thanks for the update Kristiank89091160.  The fact that you had to utilize a direct download points to not being able to contact the necessary Adobe servers.

Kristiank89091160 please ask whoever manages your network to review https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/attachments/Creative_Cloud_for_enterprise_Service_Endpoints.pdf it provides complete details on the necessary servers, and ports, needed to download, install, and utilize a Creative Cloud membership.  By resolving the connection er

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kristian: You've done everything we can suggest other than rolling back your OS to before the last update. If you don't want to do that, I'd suggest contacting Customer Support and tag it as an installation issue.

Contact Customer Care

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnks Barb.

However, the contact customer care link refers me back to the forum. Sad 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I moved this question to a forum that may be able to provide better help that we can on the InDesign product page.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb - i managed to get in touch with support on the chat. Thanks for your efforts though 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if they get it working, it would be awesome if you could come back here and let us know what was going on. It will help us help others with the same issue.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kristiank89091160 are you unable to install InDesign CC 2017 on Windows 10?  What error messages are you receiving during the install process?  You can find any relevant errors in the install log.  For complete details please see Creative Cloud download and install errors Kristiank89091160.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. I managed to install InDesign cc 2017 numerous times - but never succeeded opening the app. The Adobe support person on the chat tried the exact same procedure as Barb recommended on this thread - it did not work. What did work was to install the InDesign 2015 from this site; http://prodesigntools.com/trials3/AdobeProducts/IDSN/11/win64/InDesign_11_LS20_Win64.7z

Rgds -  Kristian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks for the update Kristiank89091160.  The fact that you had to utilize a direct download points to not being able to contact the necessary Adobe servers.

Kristiank89091160 please ask whoever manages your network to review https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/attachments/Creative_Cloud_for_enterprise_Service_Endpoints... it provides complete details on the necessary servers, and ports, needed to download, install, and utilize a Creative Cloud membership.  By resolving the connection error you will be to download newer versions that are not currently available for direct download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines