Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default program

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In my computer I have installed adobe acrobat 7.0 and Adobe reader DC to work on PDF files. But my query is that I want Adobe acrobat as my default program to open a pdf file, but it is not changing. I tried to set default from Control Panel-->Default Programs, but then also it is opening in adobe reader DC.

Please guide how to make adobe acrobat 7 as my default program to open PDF.

I am running windows 10, 64 bit OS.

Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 7 is extremely old, not compatible with Windows 10 or Reader DC.

You should expect a lot of issues with it.

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 10:09 AM, rahuljoshi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

But there must be some fix for this.

Thanks,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it can be done, you do it within your operating system by right-clicking a pdf file and (in Windows) the command is Open With (I think--I am on Mac). Make sure you change it for all files.

If that fails and you are able to run Acrobat 7, you will need to open the program and then choose File > Open to open files.

As try67​ said, Acrobat 7 is very old. It was released in 2005. There are five newer versions, and Adobe just stopped support for Acrobat XI after 5 years. Older versions have security issues, so be aware of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why "must" there be a fix? If you subscribe to Acrobat DC, this may work better, but even then, if you have Reader and Acrobat it is mainly luck which one opens files. If you have multiple apps that handle a file type, just give up double clicking and use the traditional ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines