• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Add Silence?

Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way with Audition CC 2017 macOS to batch process multiple WAVs or AIFFs to insert a 2-second silence at the beginning and another 2-second silence at the end of each file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Actually, it IS still possible. Durin Gleaves told me how on the Audition Facebook Group.

It's just a matter of recording a favorite that...

1. Press Home key to jump to start of clip.

2. Edit > Insert Silence

3. Set Silence to 2 seconds and press OK

4. Choose Edit > Select > Deselect All

5. Press End key to jump to tail of clip.

6. Edit > Insert Silence

7. Set Silence to 2 seconds and press OK

That's it. Save the favorite and run it on the desired files from the Batch Process panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that there isn't, as things stand. One of the features of the new 'favourites' section (which is all you can use natively in the batch processor) is the number of things that the old scripting system would let you do that aren't there any more...

If you have any number of them to do, then find a PC, download Audition 3 (see the FAQ page about that) and create a script like the one in this ancient thread: In Audition 3.0, how do I add a set amount of silence to each audio file in a script process.

I ought to add that since it's now possible to add external extensions to Audition, somebody might be able to write one. But to the best of my knowledge, nobody has - yet. The request to be able to do this comes up often enough though - so maybe somebody will?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it IS still possible. Durin Gleaves told me how on the Audition Facebook Group.

It's just a matter of recording a favorite that...

1. Press Home key to jump to start of clip.

2. Edit > Insert Silence

3. Set Silence to 2 seconds and press OK

4. Choose Edit > Select > Deselect All

5. Press End key to jump to tail of clip.

6. Edit > Insert Silence

7. Set Silence to 2 seconds and press OK

That's it. Save the favorite and run it on the desired files from the Batch Process panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might indeed work, but only if you add an extra command to the end - another deselect all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working for me exactly as described, Steve. Want me to send you an SESX file with the Favorite included?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been searching and searching for a way to do something like this and I knew that there had to be a way to do it, but just couldn't piece it together. This worked like magic. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines