• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Acrobat Pro 2017 Student and Teacher Edition the same as Acrobat DC 2017?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My family recently purchased Acrobat Pro 2017 Student and Teacher Edition for Mac.  I tried contacting customer support recently because I wanted to see if my Acrobat version would work on Mac High Sierra (10.13).  I am currently successfully running it on Sierra (10.12).  Anyway, the representative kept saying that my version was Acrobat DC 2017.  Is what the representative said correct?

Thanks,

Ryan

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Yeah, the DC name is very confusing. Basically it's used for the subscription version, yes. What you have is not subscription-based (the "Classic" track), so I would recommend not updating your OS, for the moment.

And I agree with you, this information is very difficult to find, which shouldn't be the case. It's buried in all kinds of obscure System Requirements and Update Release Notes, instead of being in a simple to access web page where you could enter your OS and see which application versio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version is what you see under Help - About. The "Student and Teacher Edition" is not a version of the application, just a licensing model.

Acrobat 2017 should be compatible with HS, but there have been some reports of bugs, so if it's a critical tool for your work/studies maybe hold on with the update to the OS under the issues are patched up, especially if you're on the Classic track, which means you only get updates once a quarter, more or less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try67,

Thanks.  Under the "About" area on my Mac it says, "Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017".  Then below that it says, "2017 Release (Classic) | Version 2017.011.30066".  It doesn't mention "DC" anywhere, though.  Did Adobe drop the "DC" from the name?  Or is "DC" only for the subscription based Acrobat?

I will wait before upgrading to High Sierra.  One problem I have is finding information on Adobe's site about Acrobat software version numbers, which OS is supported, etc.  I just can't seem to find a place that clearly gives this info.  Do you happen to know of an area like this?

Thanks for the help!

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the DC name is very confusing. Basically it's used for the subscription version, yes. What you have is not subscription-based (the "Classic" track), so I would recommend not updating your OS, for the moment.

And I agree with you, this information is very difficult to find, which shouldn't be the case. It's buried in all kinds of obscure System Requirements and Update Release Notes, instead of being in a simple to access web page where you could enter your OS and see which application versions are compatible with it, and vice-versa. I suggested this to Adobe, but it was never implemented...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi try67​,

Great.  Thanks so much for the help.

Take care,

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines