• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Presets -- Lightroom 2015.12 & High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is related to High Sierra, but I suspect it is.

On the current version of LR, in the past week, I've noticed that my local presets for the adjustment brush are displayed in a totally random order. They used to be alphabetical. See screenshot for what they look like currently.

Anyone else experiencing or able to reproduce? Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 12.47.37 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

I just tried something that did work -- at the bottom of the list, I clicked RESTORE DEFAULT PRESETS and the sort order went back to normal. Thanks for pointing me in the general direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try resetting LR's preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ . Sprinkling that magic fairy dust often fixes things when LR goes wonky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, John. That said, resetting preferences did NOT affect this issue. Presets are still listed in the same nonsensical order as shown in this screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's too bad. On my CC 2015.12 / MacOS 10.12, they are sorted alphabetically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried something that did work -- at the bottom of the list, I clicked RESTORE DEFAULT PRESETS and the sort order went back to normal. Thanks for pointing me in the general direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent -- I forgot that various lists in LR have "Restore" commands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click "Restore default Presets" resorted mine too on High Sierra.  Another High Sierra problem I have found without a resolution yet in 2015.12 is in the Web Module.    See here.     Grid, Square and Track Galleries do not work well on Mac High Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes that resorts all standard preset .. but what do you do when you have tons of individual presets ??? They are now all over the place and normal workflow is unusable

Bjoern

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot to show what you mean by "all over the place"?  That could be helpful...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before High Sierra the local correction presets were an alphabetical sorted same way as the file name .. now it looks like this . First JPG the sorting in LR, second the sorting by file name in preset folder (which was prior the same sorting in the LR menu) :

menu unsorted.jpg

folder and previous menu sorting .jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bjoern,

This is identical to the issue I was having, and selecting RESTORE DEFAULT PRESETS did fix it for me. First, try making one of your custom presets (ex: "13 Nature | Color") the active brush. Then bring up the list again and click RESTORE DEFAULT PRESETS at the bottom.

If that doesn't fix it for you, perhaps try doing what John suggested first: reset Lightroom's preferences, and then follow my RESTORE DEFAULT PRESETS instruction above? Hoping one of these scenarios will work for you, as again, this was exactly my issue and it's working correctly now on my machine.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did not understand it first & thought restore preset would restore back to only the standard presets .. so delete all my personal ones.

but followed your suggestion & it worked like a charm

thanks a lot !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines